Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Looking for contact information,Travel-Ons Racing Team

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spooler41, Aug 8, 2012.

1. spooler41

spooler41

I'm hoping that someone can help, I need contact info for the" Travel-Ons Racing Team". I was one of the founding members in 1962 and recently heard that they are still active. I dropped out after going into the Navy in early '63
    and never got back with them after I got out.
    I also should have said, the Travel-Ons, were a north west Washington club,
    mostly the Seattle/Tacoma area.

If anyone has any thing please post or PM.

Thanks in advance. ...............Jack

2. spooler41

spooler41

3. spooler41

spooler41

One more bump,then I'll try something else.

...............Jack

4. Andy Karlsnes, Loren Ott, Jerry Damon, and Larry Kleinbrook with these guys? and the "Feudin Four" top fuel car?

Don't know anymore than that but thought it might help your Bump

5. FEDER

FEDER

Jack, sept 8th is the Arlington Dragstrip reunion. Ill bet You can find alot of info there.
    Real low keyed getogether. No racin so everybody is there to BS about the old days.
    Im sure You would enjoy Yourself alot. Good Luck FED

6. Bill Mann

Bill Mann
    from So. Cal.

Spooler 41, I was a member of the Travel-Ons in L.A. Our president, Tony, moved to Wa. and started the NW chapter. I left the club in l963 and it faded away. The NW group did some geat things. Would like to find the club A/A. I think Butch Bactell took it home but, I haven't seen anyone in years.

7. Bill Mann

Bill Mann
    from So. Cal.

hotroddon, just came back from the Arlington Drag Strip reunion. Found 2 members and the Travelon NW racecar. Still no luck finding L.A. members or our A/A.

8. camelrenter

camelrenter

Spooler41 you must be TRT#11 Jack Peacock. Hotroddon is also correct with all four names: Andy #37; Jerry #48; Larry (the Emp) #42; Loren #45 still has the car & broke MY 392 awhile back and needs another one...anybody got one out there? Loren was also the "last man standing" and used the share money left to pay for PART of the airfare to Keith Blacks funeral. Bill Mann from the TRT-LA group is looking for past members and a plaque plus their old car. I am looking for signatures from all 143 TRT-Seattle members on a 1972 team poster,(to have copies printed for every member) and to set up a communication network to keep us informed. Too many have passed too soon. My contact is: [email protected] and live in Edmonds WA. Bobj Berger TRT#57

9. camelrenter

camelrenter

Spooler41 you must be TRT#11 Jack Peacock. Hotroddon is also correct with all four names: Andy #37; Jerry #48; Larry (the Emp) #42; Loren #45 still has the car & broke MY 392 awhile back and needs another one...anybody got one out there? Loren was also the "last man standing" and used the share money left to pay for PART of the airfare to Keith Blacks funeral. Bill Mann from the TRT-LA group is looking for past members and a plaque plus their old car. He and I had his wife take pictures of us with Vic Vulestick #8 and his National Record Holder 57 Chev holding a photo that I am looking for signatures from all 143 TRT-Seattle members on a 1972 team poster,(to have copies printed for every member) and to set up a communication network to keep us informed. Too many have passed too soon. My contact is: [email protected] and live in Edmonds WA. Bobj Berger TRT#57

10. Bill Mann

Bill Mann
    from So. Cal.

Camelrenter: Had a lot of fun at Arlington. Found the plaque and am having a couple made up. They do say Travel-Ons L.A. but, if enough of you want them, it's only $100 to change the pattern and, $18 per plaque.regards to all-Bill

11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Like this one? .....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  12. ottrageous

ottrageous
    from Seattle

Spooler41 & Bill Mann, Hi, I'm pretty much the keeper of the Travel-ons archives. However, I have little or no info on the L.A. group. I do however, have the NW chapters scrapbooks and there are some pics of the A/Altered that I think you're reffering to. A '32 Ford 5 window coupe, with he number 56 (or in one pic,156) on the door. It appears in 4 or 5 images in the 1st scrapbook @ the Winternationals, I guess. As far as I know Tony is still kicking & is on the east coast somewhere, last I heard was maybe Ohio? not sure. I have no idea what ever became of the altered, in fact, I'm not sure I ever saw it in person. Not able to post pics at this time, but I will likely retire soon & have more time to pursue this cause (maybe)! ......Loren

13. ottrageous

ottrageous
    from Seattle

See my post on the Travel-ons thread ...........LO