Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Boogie Scott D/ED frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutchtreat, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

I know it was built after the Hamb's cutoff date but I am going to use it to build a V-60 flathead powered rail. These were built in the early '80's and had a wheel base of 160 to 170in for the straight 4 and 6 cylinder cars. They used a VW transaxle flipped backwards and upside down. So if you know any one that has one have them drop me a line.
    Dutch

2. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Still looking for an old Boogie Scott car to drop a V-60 in.

3. dutched32

dutched32

Boogie is still building cars and chassis in Abita Springs,Louisiana.

4. mosthumanmofo

mosthumanmofo

Who the heck is Boogie Scott?

5. dutched32

dutched32

Division Four NHRA Hall of Famer raced a blown olds bantam in the late 50' early 60's maeks a living building race car chassis and hot rods also runs a roadster at Bonniville with a membership into the 200mph club in 2006.He is the real deal.

Attached Files:

6. dutched32

dutched32

Some pics of Boogie's racing throught the years and his salt car.

Attached Files:

7. Boogie also attends the Hotrod reunions....Saw him at Bowling Green this past June...

8. dutched32

dutched32

He always goes to Bowling Green,last year he was at Bakersfield HRR,with the Glen Cupit FED that he just finished for Glen

9. bobscogin

bobscogin

He had his '27 roadster at a car show here in Slidell, LA last weekend. Still hot rodding!

Bob

10. hammered34

hammered34

i had the pleasure of meeting him at bonnevile in 2009 we pitted right next to him i conversed with him for a few hours and he is probably one of the nicest guys i have met i even ate red beans and rice with him he is truly one of a kind.

11. 296ardun

296ardun

Yes he is the real deal, heard about him when I was in Calif in early '60s, think he brought his Bantam to one of the meets there, and also seem to remember that he competed at the NHRA Nationals...

12. Boogie Scott dragster chassis
    [​IMG]

13. Danny G

Danny G

All of that Bears Bug Service was Robert Bareleaux jr. He lived in Beaumont ,Texas until about 15 years ago and last I heard he was in Hawaii. He always ran olds and teamed with Scott. I doubt I spelled his name right but most called him Bear

14. rooman

rooman

A four year old thread comes back to life. :)

Roo

15. Southmark

Southmark

img031.jpg img032.jpg Attached are pictures of an FED that Boogie built in 1963. One of seven FED's he built in 1963 and probably the only one left. Built at 120" for a Hemi and at some point the chassis was modified to run a SBC with a Glide and lengthened to 135".

16. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

He was indeed the real deal!!!
    He built one of the really trick RED's for Dean Thompson in the early 70's. The motor was so close to the tires that standard "hooker" headers hit the tires. The output shaft of the clutch flite was the input shaft on the rearend. Dean owned it and Don Bonafonti drove. really really cool car. g

17. Robert Amar Barrilleaux, and, yes, he's not only still alive and well in Hawaii, but still building engines and setting records.

[​IMG]