Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for Bay Area 60'/70's Customs historians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squareweave, Mar 13, 2018.

1. squareweave

squareweave

I few months back I bought an original Meyers Manx Dune Buggy. It was a fairly deluxe build with lots of upgraded period parts and a ton of pinstriping. Today I was looking over it and noticed right above where the front Manx badge goes a signature of the striper. I can't really make it out as the striping has faded but anywhere that there was pinstripes it is raised. There is a service sticker on the dash from the Lafayette region and I was told by a gentleman that it was probably built at Jack Allison Enterprises in Hayward. Does anybody remember stripers from the 60's, 70's from that area. I can make out '70 in the middle but can't make out the name. You can't get a good picture from straight on so I also rubbed it with a pencil to pic up the name. Any help would be great!!

Attached Files:

2. "Tommy the Greek " Hrones was one of the best Bay Area stripers of his time, 50's and 60's.