Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for an old friend, I havent seen in awhile.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Oct 20, 2006.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Ive been wanting to do this for awhile now, but just never took the time.Got off work early tonight, so I guess the time is right.I really hate to say I did this, in public and all, but here goes.I once was lucky enough to own a very nice old 32 Ford 5 window coupe, that had some very interesting history, and was also a very well done car. To make a long story short,I was poor then and still am today, so me and the coupe went our seperate ways, I payed off the loan, I took to get it, and the leftovers went to pay bills.I still miss the car, like an old girlfriend and often wonder where she is today. I forgot the guys name I sold the car to, he ran a classic car dealership, named "Cruzin Customs", I think? And was located out east, maybe Maryland or Conn.? He was a good guy and I believe it got a good home.But what is kinda unusual is, I have never heard or seen anything about this car since it left my place. I would think a traditional 32 coupe,of this quality, built in the 50s, would show up in some coverage, sooner or later. But I havent seen anything on it. I just pray it didnt get changed so much I wouldnt know it, if I saw it. I thought I would post this and see if anyone had any info. Just wanting to see if all is well for my old friend. Anyone know anything about this car?
    I know some of its history and some stories that go along with this car, its a real treasure, and I hope who ever has it, is enjoying it as much as I did.I really had nothing much to do with any of the construction of this car, when I bought it, it had been stored for many years and the motor was stuck and all the tires were flat ect., all the normal stuff that happens to an old car when it sets. I did get it up and running and fixed a few minor problems and yes I did drive it, it was like a time machine, a priceless feeling, being behind the wheel of this thing, super tork!Here are some specs on it, that may help someone identify it.
    All steel 32 5 window, full fendered, early fire power Hemi, connected to a 39 gear box, zephr gears, 40 rear, hydraulic brakes.Light metallic blue ext, with white roof insert,wide whites on steelies.Red and white tuck n roll interior, with chrome dash and window frames. Front axle and wishbones chromed, undersides of fenders painted white.
    If you know anything about it, let me know, here or just p.m. me.Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Oh and I didnt mention, it had 48 chevy tailights and I think plymouth bumpers, maybe 37ish?

3. BTTP

Hi- lil Brother:D For more of the scoop on this car........

It was built in 1958 in Dewitt Nebraska by none other than Gary Petersen and his dad at their home and bussiness.....:eek: THE VICE GRIP Company factory!!:eek:

It was a local show winner which also won best of shows at Omaha and Lincoln and Kansas City World of Wheels shows on and off till 1964 when it was purchased by a local Missouri man who parked it where it sat till his death in the late '70s.

4. Assdragger

Assdragger

Heartbreaker!!
    Nice car Reggie, I wish you still had it as well.

5. sure would be great to find it reggie...be curious to see what she looks like these days..maybe the guy doesnt have electric and has no idea what is worth and you could get it back cheap!!!hey, it could happen:D

6. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Reggie told me about this thing a while back and I really wanted to see the pictures. Its such a neat car. I hope someone on here knows where its at, id love to see some really good pics of it. Thanks for sharing the story with me Reggie.

7. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

wow! pls get some better scans of the pics. looks like a cool ride. those aren't plymouth bumpers btw...