Register now to get rid of these ads!

History looking for an issue of Street Rod Quarterley (40 coupe suspension)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreggAz, Aug 30, 2009.

1. GreggAz

GreggAz

All right, I thought I would throw this out there and see if any of you guys can come up with this. I have hit up all my local friends who "should" have this issue, but none can find it.

I am looking for an issue that ran an article on installing a custom ifs, and jag rear on a 40 ford coupe. The big give away for this article is the lead shot, showing the car head on, split vertically with one side showing the stock axle, and the other showing the custom IFS.

The install was done by J&J chassis in Ceritos, Ca., and a friend was the owner (still has the car). The issue has gone missing from his collection, and he is missing a few issues so he can not pin point which issue it was in. It would be cool to know the issue, and would be even cooler if some one could scan the article.

thanks for any help.
    Gregg

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what year? I'll look

3. GreggAz

GreggAz

the work was done at the same time as the Ice Truck, so that would but it at 1970, plus or minus. From the issues my friends are missing, I would say 70, 71, or 72

Thanks

4. GreggAz

GreggAz

back up one more time to see if anybody has this issue.

5. GreggAz

GreggAz

our54chevypu just checked through summer, fall and winter of 71 and nothing there.

the owner will be excited if I can find it... if and when he brings the car down for a few updates I will share photos of it.

6. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

I remember that article and I'm guessing it was in a Rod & Custom around 1972 - 1973 (after it was brought back to life separate from being combined into Hot Rod).

7. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

Hi Gregg,I don't have any of those issues,but I do have the 50 Years Of R&C book that has pics of all the covers. The July'72 R&C has a article "Jag suspension for '40 Fords,might be what you're after. good luck

8. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

That July 1972 issue Lowlife mentions is on ebay right now if you want to see the cover.

Item number:350239602898

It's a small pic, but you can just read the 'Jag Suspensions for '40 Fords'.

-W

update : I found a better picture of the cover:

http://www.nitroactive.net/rod_custom.html

That site apparently sells the old magazines.

scroll down to:

Item # RC 7207
    Rod & Custom

click on the cover and a larger version will pop up.

July 1972

Good luck...

-W

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  9. GreggAz

GreggAz

if the owner's memory is off, that could be it...

he insists that the article focused on the "custom" not jag based front suspension, and highlighted the jag rear install.

thanks for the leads Ill check that issue out.

10. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.