Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for a station wagon project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jan 24, 2019.

1. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I was just going to say the same thing! That wagon is gorgeous! And that’s coming from a Ford guy!

Bones

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Yes what are your Parameters. ive got a 55 ford 2dr wagon I don't need. Im thinking of installing a 62 T Bird 390 in it. Ive got a wrecker I could bring it to your door.

5. Bruce, I hope you get to feeling better! At least it happened in January and not the Spring or Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce,
    I know that this is a ways from Tennessee but it certainly is a different long roof and IMO has a lot of potential. Its listed on the Las Vegas Craigslist but the ad says Indio which is about 50 miles from me.
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/indio-1957-desoto-shopper-station-wagon/6803768388.html
    1957 Desoto Shopper Station Wagon - $6495 (Indio)
    1957 Desoto Shopper Station Wagon excellent condition dry desert car from Phoenix Az too many cars must sell. Solid project car that's very rare.
    [​IMG]

7. flatford39

flatford39

That 57 DeSoto is very tempting.....

8. Thant wagon is nice but still recovering from ankle surgery to do any thing yet.P.S. to day a lot of pain.Thanks Bruce.

9. Good luck getting back on your feet, I had a compound fracture on my right ankle in '74 and now have a fused ankle with several screws myself.

I understand it takes time to overcome these injury's especially when going back in for a tune up years later, hope your able to move the Buick and get back in a hamb friendly ride soon.

As far as the pain, get comfortable in front of the fire place and pour a cup or glass of your favorite libation and continue to dream about your next wagon. :) HRP

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. BJR

BJR

Take 3 Ibuprofen and drink 3 cocktails. Kills the pain for me every time.:) Don't mix with narcotics.:(

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Sounds like our buddy Bruce really got"Screwed" on that deal:rolleyes::p.Wishing you the best for a quick recovery.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

12. sunbeam

sunbeam

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dang Bruce hate to hear your losing your nuts! Oh sorry your screws! Hope they have you all tightened up! Get better buddy I'm raising a bourbon in your honor! Joe

14. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. YEAAAA.I finally got the staples and stiches out yesterday. Then got cleared to go back to work yesterday after noon.I am hanging on to that 2 and a 1/4 screw to add to my collection of parts. LOL. Bruce. 002.JPG

16. Wow quit screwing around !!

Great news, you know the drill for looking for a project.
    Keep checking your local classifieds and the right car will find you.
    I’ve spent months looking for the right car in the right price range at times.
    Patience is the name of the game.

Ice , scotch, Tylenol 1’s make good bed buddies when your getting over an injury!

17. BJR

BJR

Bruce, was that screw Metric or SAE? If Metric it may have just surrendered!:D

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  18. For right now, let your fingers do the walking and look for possible wagons to check out on the computer. At least you will be moving forward on your search and if for nothing else, you may narrow your search down so you will be focused on what you know you’d like - it keeps you motivated. I did this when I had my hip replaced and was out of the game for like 3 weeks .....

19. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

20. sunbeam

sunbeam

Well Bruce that old 50 Cadillac keeps getting cheaper $4750 but the more pictures the ruffer it gets

21. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best of luck to you on your recovery, and your search for the right wagon.
    If you have local car buddies or cruising pals I'm sure you've already told them you're looking. That's how I found the Chevy II that have now. Had sold my '62 Pontiac and mentioned to a buddy that I wanted a new project. He says, "Well, I could sell you my Nova." and I'm thinking he meant his absolutely mint O/T newer Nova project. No, he says, it's my '64. He had bought it at a swap meet, had it tucked away and I didn't even know he owned it! Long story short, the price he gave me was so right I didn't even negotiate. I paid him and drove it home. So you just never know what will turn up.
    Meantime, it's sure fun snooping for cars online. Like being a kid in a candy store! :D
    But then you figure out your pockets are empty.... :eek:

23. sunbeam

sunbeam

24. They are all nice guys keep them coming.Thanks Bruce.

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

26. Sam1950

Sam1950

The wagon in my avatar is for sale. No longer a drag car and has a 1966 427/4-speed.

Hope your healing up well!