Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a small heater for 60 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm putting AC in my 60 Chevy wagon and it'll mean removing the original heater box which will leave plenty of room to tuck the unit away however I'd still like to have heat, I'm looking for a small aftermarket unit that I can install over the trans hump or behind the glovebox. Thanks in advance.

2. rustyangels

rustyangels

3. What are you going to do to defrost/defog the windows? You might want to just use a combo heat/AC unit there.

4. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Speedway sells a small unit, "Mojave universal heater" for under 200 bucks.
    has defrost tubes too.
    Put one in my sled works real well.

5. scottlep

scottlep

Vintage Air make some nice compact combo AC/Heater units that will fit under the dash. I used their compact heater (without AC) in my 1948 GMC for heat and defroster. I took apart their switches and fit the switches into some factory holes on my dash that were originally for the choke and manual throttle.

6. I used a Vintage air for a A ford its around 28 long and 7 high by 3 deap would heat the 52 very nice has a duck for the defroster

7. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

get a heater for a C/K '53-64 studebaker, they mount on floor under seat and the defroster unit is small and works great, a warm butt is great when it snows.

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

What kind of A.C. unit are you using making you have to delete heater box?

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's some unit I bought off a fella on here, it was cheap, I coulda spent the $1300 for the Vintage Air custom fit job but the car's a heap undeserving of such finery.

I'll look into your ideas, thanks. the Mojave thingy looks good.

10. we just installed a small under dash unit from vintage air. easy install, super simple wiring, bi-level control.