Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a small CD player add on

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutchtreat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

I am looking for a small CD player that I can wire into the input on my AM/FM Cassette Player. I can hide the Cassette player inside the dash as it has a remote contol. I building a '28 Model A High Boy Roadster Pickup with a '41 ford Dash. I can hide the Cd player (if small) in the glove box. Anyone know were I can pick up an add on CD player? Best Buy doesn't carry anything except the big 12 cd changer that fits in the trunnk(and I don't have a trunk). Also don't suggest getting an I-pod--I'm on a tight budget and would like to just be able to play some CDs once and awhile.
    Dutch

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Why don't you just delete the cassette player and install a cd player...

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Load pipes save lives.

4. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Becouse I have hundereds of Cassettes and only a few CDs
    Dutch

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Um, Dutch...

21st century dawned a while back. Now 'a days you can burn all that fragile iron oxide onto miniscule dots of carbon called Memory and then seal your collection up in a time capsule. Get an Ipod and never swap a disc or tape again.

Cheers!

6. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Scott,
    If I wanted to build something from the 21st century I'd be redoing a 2007 Mustang!! But I'm not, I'm building (on a very tight) budget a '28 Model A High Boy Roadster pickup with a '52 Mercury Flathead (no ohv engine for this guy-hell the engine is younger than me by one year) 4 speed and a Banjo rear end. I'm fitting a '41 Ford dash to it and will hide the AM/FM Cassette behind the chrome speaker grill and fit a cd player in the glove box. I do not have an I-pod and don't want one!!!! I am looking for a small cd unit that will fit inside the 1941 glove box.---if I can't find it I'll just copy my few Cd's on to Cassettes and stick with my AM/FM Cassette player.
    Dutch

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Dutch,

I kinda figured you would feel that way. Here's what I can help with.

Radio Shack used to carry a stand alone CD for use on RCA inputs, but they have discontiued almost all of their car stereo stuff.
    Crutchfield doesn't have anything either, and they carry almost every make/model available.
    I think your best option is to look at a portable CD player and use a cassette adapter to feed it to your stereo. You would need a line level transformer to feed one to the RCA inputs and quality would really suffer if you cheat on that part.
    Another you might consider is a CD changer behind the seat or in the truck area. They cost more but will be much better quality. You'll also have the choice between hard wire or FM modulated input.
    Good Luck!

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

easiest and cheapest way is an FM modulator IF you want to keep it out of sight.

for $30, this seems to me that its what you are looking for.

crutchfield link

9. BinderRod

BinderRod

The cheapest and easiest way is to buy an adapter that you put into your tape deck (looks like a cassette with a wire). You can buy a portable CD player for 9.00 and plug the wire from the adapter into the headphone jack on the portable CD player. You can also plug the adapter into an MP3 player and listen to your songs. I bought the adapter at Wal Mart and it works just fine.