Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a shop in the PNW / Seattle area.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 23 Skidoo, Jun 29, 2013.

1. I've got a friend who lives a bit E of Seattle proper but isn't really a message board user so I told him I'd do a bit of researching for him.

He's looking @ purchasing a '25 Mack to use for the occasional parade but primarily as an advertising expense for his business.

Does anyone have suggestions on a shop in that region? For the most part, this truck looks pretty good in comparison to some of the BF's we see in this kind of hobby / line of work.

[​IMG]

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Shoot me a PM or post the info here - I mostly view the HAMB from my Samsung Galaxy Siii phone, so that means I'll get instant notifications.

Thanks, y'all.

2. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Try Marshal Woolsey in Tacoma. Very Good. Hamb member

3. SRV Hotrods in Lynnwood. They also do restorations. 425/774-4594 ask for Mark.

4. verde742

verde742

what are you looking for as far as services?

5. Depending on what he needs done, Chuck Grove Enterprises in Lynnwood is a good one man hot rod shop and has experience with that era of trucks.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nice truck. Its an AB. FWIW, the headlights look later, could be the wrong headlights, or it might actually be a '30 or later AB that is incorrectly registed as a '25. The twenties era Mack headlight buckets are more squared off on the back, not as pointy.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres a pic of a '29 AB to illustrate. take a look at the headlights. I think they might have transitioned over the buckets on your buddies truck, part-way through '29? I haven't seen any factory literature that shows the pointier headlight buckets on any trucks earlier than 1930.
    Not really that important in the overall scheme of things, just thought I would mention it in case he is planning a detailed restoration.

Attached Files: