Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for a Sedanette chop thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stonebird, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Stonebird

Stonebird

I remember seeing a build thread of a chopped sedanette (I think 49 Buick) where they didn't cut the trunk lid. They reworked the tops of the rear quarters to recess the entire trunk deeper between the fenders. I thought I saw this somewhere here on the Hamb but I can't find it now. Anyone know what I am talking about?

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yes, I remember seeing it too (I have a '48 Caddy sedanet so I was interested)...seems it was being done on Europe but cannot remember the thread name...sorry I can't help more than that...

R-

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought
    from Conway WA
    1. Swindlers G.K.Y.

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That must be the one... Ola removed the inner trunk liner and split it into 3...then sectioned the skin to fit.
    There is another series of pics from Indiana, a Cad Sedanette...that one got a 'wedge', or 'race chop', to avoid trunk lid surgery. (!) I'd rather go under the knife myself than compromise the fadeaway profile of a fast back...
    Hope you follow Ola's trunk solution, that Buick is beautiful.

5. Stonebird

Stonebird

Thanks for the reply Dreadnaught I've seen that one but that's not it. The one I remember the trunk lid was not changed at all. It would be a pretty old thread, it was quite a while ago that I saw it.

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here's a 41 Buick, different body altogether.

7. Stonebird

Stonebird

OK, maybe I saw it in rod and custom. Anybody know what issue?

8. Stonebird

Stonebird

9. Maybe you're remembering stickylifter's thread "Tech: Chopping a 1950 Chevy Fleetline"......or something like that