Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for a printer that can screen waterslide decals!!!Help!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Sharmack, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Sharmack

Sharmack

Hello all, the H.A.M.B. has been good to me in the past. I was wondering if any of you knew of a place that silkscreens the old school waterslide decals. I used to use a local place here in the past but recently had some issues with print quality. I was wondering if any of you might have a source. Looking to get real lacquer based silkscreened WS decals not any ALPS printed stuff. If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

2. Try this guy here. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/jimbo17.62003/

loudbang and dmdeaton like this.
  3. Hellfish

Hellfish

I used to use a ma & pa shop to print the water slide decals for the Hunnert Car Heads Up and Meltdown drags. They did really nice work and had been around since the 60s, I think. I don't have the company info any more, but contact Django here on the HAMB. He might still have the details.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. bullrunmotor

bullrunmotor
    from East Coast

I wanted the same thing several years ago. I had a WWII era decal from a scrapbook I wanted made back into a water release decal. I found an outfit in Wisconsin that still makes the water transfer decals like the past. I had to work with a graphics artist who enhanced the colors of the old decal and sent the file to the decal firm. I can try and find the company info if you want to go that route. I remember they had a 1000 run requirement. I'm sending you a picture of the decal I had made. Water transfer is so much cooler than vinyl

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.

5. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

cool decal, have any left?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

7. .........It's good to know that someone is still doing waterslides as I've loved them since I started building model kits as a kid. Care to tell us how much you had invested when all was said and done? 1,000 seems like a big minimum, you would almost have to be in the business of selling them to make that worthwhile.

loudbang likes this.
  8. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

Like everything else I’m surprised somebody isn’t making more of the old water slide decals, I know a lot of us old farts would by them.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. ............Only if I didn't have to buy 1,000!:eek:;)

loudbang likes this.