Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for a photo SBF into a model A frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movin/on, Mar 2, 2019.

1. I'm planning to sell a set of headers from a 1964 Cobra and would like to know if they would clear the OUTSIDE of an A frame. Looks like they would but I need to know what is the distance needed. A measurement would help. Checked and the header gaskets for a 289-302 and 351 Windsor are all listed the same on Summit so I'll guess that they would also fit a 351W
    Thanks
    Here are some photos of the headers.
    Movin/on

CobraHeaders1.jpg CobraHeaders2.jpg

2. You mean something like this,
    20150904_153419.jpg Or this,
    20160623_095800.jpg

3. Some rough measurements, using the rear hood latch as a guide to the outside edge of the chassis rail (my car runs 351W with fenders).
    Approx 4.5 inches from head face to outside chassis rail and approx. 8 inches from the top of valence panel (chassis top) to mounting bolt centre.

Please note that the 351W is about two inches wider than the 302W.

Wizzard: Did you make up these headers? If not, would you mind telling me what they are and if you are running a 351W or 302 / 289. I am looking at header options and it would appear very few will work for my application.

Thanks

4. Aussie A; That was a customers car from about 5 years ago. It was a 302 for sure and the Headers were out of a box for something else. I have no idea what the application would have been. Wish I could be more help.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking at the measurements of a Model A frame I don't think those will go over the outside of the rails. I don't think you are going to get 27+ inches between the tubes when they are bolted on the engine. MODELA 29 Frame.jpg

6. the way i read it the OP asked if they would clear the OUTSIDE of the frame

i have no real knowledge or measurements , but using my calibrated eyeball on the pictures i'd say NO

Pist-n-Broke likes this.