Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for a Fronty Head

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D.N.D., Nov 9, 2016.

1. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I have been also bitten by the ' Banger Bug ' now with all the TROG stuff i'am getting more serious about building a non-running banger like what was in my Dad's trick 25' Dad\'s T side 1.jpg T
    From what have learned it had a 2 valve pushrod style Fronty head, is there any chance I can find one that might be damaged and good for a mock-up engine
    And where can I find a head like that as I have been a V8 guy for 50 plus yrs and don't have a clue of where to go looking
    Thanks guys, DND

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll swap you a nice copy of an original four page Fronty sales brochure for a nice copy of that photo of your Dad's T. Bob DSCF5526.JPG DSCF5527.JPG DSCF5528.JPG

timmy2times and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. deucemac

deucemac

You might try Max Sr. at H&H. He apprenticed with Joe Gemsa. Joe Gemsa and Wes Cooper were the last of the real banger gurus. The stuff is out there but more spread out since their deaths. Also find some members of the Forever Four club. They may have some leads. Just be prepared to take out a second mortgage for some of the Fronty stuff. Hemming Classic Cars did a recent article on Frontenac which had some real good information. Vintage bangers are unabashedly cool!

4. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

vintage guys hord some of this stuff , a guy maybe 20 min from me had one last year , donno how to find him or if he still has it.(was chatting to him at a swap)

5. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

That's a deal Bob, will PM you for more info

Don

6. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Mac will try to get in touch with him

7. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Looks like Max Jr knows where some Fronty stuff is , thanks for the heads up

Hope it is not out there too far $ wise

DND

deucemac likes this.
  8. These days it wouldn´t be all that hard to reproduce one of these, provided you have one to copy - even a cracked or damaged item.

9. deucemac

deucemac

It's okays D.N.D. eating food and living indoors isn't all that important compared to locating and owning good Fronty set up !

WTF really likes this.
  10. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Mac

Talked to Sr and he said to talk to Jr and he knows of a couple , no numbers yet

11. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

DND passed away 2 months ago.

13. WTF really

WTF really

Sorry to hear this.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very sad to hear of his loss, thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends.

Bob

kidcampbell71 and WTF really like this.
  15. deucemac

deucemac

Great article on Don in the last (I think) Rodders Journal. Quite a guy, a cornucopia of knowledge and experience gone from us. R.I.P. DON