Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a Engine builder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56PonchoWagon, May 14, 2013.

1. I am trying to hunt down a good shop to drop off my 56 Pontiac's engine to get rebuilt but I was hoping someone on the HAMB has already had a good experience with a shop and could lead me in the right direction. Anyone can rebuild a SBC but I am looking for a shop that knows Pontiacs! I am in El Paso Texas so shops in New Mexico are close as well. I would rather not ship it anywhere. So anybody know a guy....

2. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

If your willing to ship it to NJ. Here's the man to rebuild your pontiac
    Larry Hansen, one of the best pontiac and olds engine builder around the northeast
    try looking up larryhansen.us
    good luck

3. I was really hoping not to have to ship it but I will look him up anyway. Thanks for the info

4. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been using Automotive Machine Service in Albuquerque for 40 years.
    They are not real fast because they are busy most of the time. I deal with Doug Anderson and he is the principle owner.
    He has built me Cummins, Detroit, International gas motors, Ford all flavors, Chevy inline 6, Poniac inline 8, Perkins to name a few that come to mind. I've always had good luck with his finished product. I will use him for machine work and perform the assembly my self or have him do the assembly depending on how busy he or I am. He is good at finding old parts too. Give him a call at 505-242-3548 and talk it over with him would be my suggestion.

Good Luck

LJ

5. That's more like it! Sounds like he has an impressive resume, I will check him out thank you.