Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a '55 Chevy 'Glass Nose Like This?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Apr 6, 2009.

1. This is one of my favorite '55 Chevy's (Dave McCauley's)....If you look at the center line of the 'glass nose it continues straight down to the grill....This looks like a picture timeline of this '55 as well...but not sure?.....any help on locating a 'glass nose like this would be appreciated....Thanks, John

<TABLE id=ph_style1 summary=FEB1962Capitol.jpg><TBODY><TR><TH>[​IMG]</TH><TD id=wrap6><TD id=wrap2></TD><TR><TD id=wrap7><TD id=wrap9>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE id=ph_style1 summary="0404 1"><TBODY><TR><TH>[​IMG]</TH><TD id=wrap6><TD id=wrap2></TD><TR><TD id=wrap7><TD id=wrap9>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE id=ph_style1 summary=Zakia3.jpg><TBODY><TR><TD id=wrap6><TD id=wrap2></TD><TR><TD id=wrap7><TD id=wrap9>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

It would probably be easier to find a real steel hood and make it that way than find an original glass nose. You could take the steel hood run a piece of your favorite size brake tubing and blend it in like the glass one. You could also do same on a glass hood but you probably already know that! jmo

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Try this company: http://www.rodnrace.com/product/906/Race-Roadster.htm
    They used to be Anderson Industries in MD. My 1964 catalog shows a complete one piece 55 chevy fiberglass front end they made back thenthat weighed 38 pounds and cost $145. Here's the photo of it in their 1964 catalog.

Attached Files:

4. chris55

chris55

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Tony D.

Tony D.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  6. MERRELL

MERRELL

try hanneman fiberglass,they make all types of stuff..

7. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

the gasser I found recently has that identical front end on it....it was manufactured by Hill-Zartman Enterprises(Charlie Hill and Pork Zartman of "FILTHY FORTY" Willys fame!!)in Hanover Pennsylvania. They made the frontends and they were actually three piece units that were glassed in to make a one piece if that is what you desired! The fenders and hood have the lips on them for bolting them on as stock replacement pieces. My car may soon be for sale...I do not want to part it but maybe if you cannot find your front you could buy a car with one on it!!! Here is a pic....or three!

Attached Files:

8. Hey Half Evil, Thanks for the info. on the front 'glass nose.....Any history on your '55?.....John