Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for a 1 7/8 fenderwell header for a sbc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LTKMUNN, Aug 16, 2018.

1. LTKMUNN

LTKMUNN
    from New Jersey

I may have over looked this but does anyone sell a 1 7/8 fenderwell header for a first gen chevy II. I mostly see 1 3/4. or 2in. Headman may of had one?? but the website either has bad descriptions or no pictures. Im running a 4spd. so that would be the only clearance issue. I'm also Running an AFR 210 standard port head. My shock towers are hacked up pretty good from the previous over so I dont really need to worry about clearance. Is there also a possibility, headers listed for another car may fit? Worst case scenario I have custom headers made. But just figured I would throw this out there. Any thoughts?

2. Unless you go to flange adapters or have oddball heads you are probably only going to fund 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 past 1 3.4 on a stock type of head you run into problems clearing the header bolts with the tubes.

Schoenfield (SP?) is probably your best bet.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Prob not a big market for production built lower cost then custom built headers. unless its just for the look of big tube, not that much of a power gain with the production 1 3/4" vs 1 7/8". Buy a 1 3/4" set, copy the tubes with 1 7/8, and step the larger tube over the smaller stubs ( 6" past the flange) and weld. Guys at the donut shop/track will think you are cool with step headers, and you have a header that will direct bolt to your heads

4. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Don't know who wound up with the Stahl fixtures for the Chevy II, but you could get any size tube. As the others have said, 1 7/8" will require adapter flanges or some other trickery.

INVISIBLEKID and LTKMUNN like this.

5. Deuces

Deuces

What size exhaust valves in the heads???? And you want to run a what??? 1-7/8????
    Sorry, but that's insane!!!!:rolleyes:
    You'll have zero back pressure and no low end torque....

warhorseracing and gimpyshotrods like this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly.

7. squirrel

squirrel

let me go measure the ones laying in my yard....

edit: only 1-3/4.

8. My buddy Brian Kressman just had a set built for his 55 and I believe a set for his Chevy ll also, looks like these guys got Stahl's stuff.
    FB_IMG_1534477966752.jpg Screenshot_20180816-235208_Facebook.jpg

LTKMUNN likes this.
  9. LTKMUNN

LTKMUNN
    from New Jersey

when the motor was dynoed it used a stepped header 1 3/4 to 1 7/8. Remember its 434 inches. and yeah Ill check out those ACP headers. I'm not worried about what little low end torque itss losing, its not where I'm going to be operating anyway.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    swade41 likes this.
  10. This is the Chevy ll known as Mr. Hyde

Screenshot_20180817-101252_Facebook.jpg

11. LTKMUNN

LTKMUNN
    from New Jersey

Ive seen pictures of this car floating around on the internet. His looked like they are stepped. What size is this? That is probably what I would run 1 3/4 to a 1 7/8. Judging by the picture they would probably fit fine. Like I said my shock towers were hacked up pretty good. a Big block was in there before me. 402 I believe.

12. squirrel

squirrel

stick a blower on it, and run 2" headers

LTKMUNN and vtx1800 like this.
  13. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

14. Just talked to Brian and they are 1 7/8's to 2 inch stepped and built by a mutual friend (same guy who built my Henry J chassis) at his chassis shop on the car.

LTKMUNN likes this.
  15. Lemmon's in Paso, CA........ But your gonna need plates.....

Attached Files:

16. LTKMUNN

LTKMUNN
    from New Jersey

Ok I contacted ACP headers they got me covered. Thanks to those who helped. The said they have a 1 3/4 to 7/8 stepped, which would work fine!:)

swade41 likes this.