Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for 49-52 chevy chop treads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yanksta, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Yanksta

Yanksta

Hey everyone,

I am wanting to look at some chops that people have done on these cars. I have a 52 Chevy deluxe and want to attempt this soon in my garage with regular tools. I want to see what people have done as far as tips and tricks and what windows they used, slanted or straight pillars and why. I have searched all over and cant really find what i am looking for. If anyone can help let me know. Also if anyone has done one of these cars or chopped something and wants to help i will buy the beer and i would love the help I live in Winston Salem north Carolina 1 hour north of Charlotte.

2. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

If I were closer I would love to help! I've been trying to convince my brother (lonestarmopar) to chop his 52 delux since he got it! He's scared and I'm gonna have to prove to him that it can be done nicely, so Ive been looking for one to chop for a while.

3. injunjoes

injunjoes

4. injunjoes

injunjoes

oh and i dunno how i forgot bass' 49. theres a build thread on here somewhere but u can also check it out at www.basskustom.com and ian also built a very cool one for himself (also a build thread on here)

5. skyrodder

skyrodder

6. skyrodder

skyrodder

there is really nothing to it man, i think the hardest part is getting the back window to sit in the "right" spot and getting the sail panels nice and curved, besides that easy