Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects lookin for...brake hardware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddylakman, Oct 20, 2012.

1. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

Looking for a brake hardware kit for my 1960 Cadillac 62 Series Sedan.

I've got the drums, and shoes, and lines, and a newer booster, just need the springs, clips, etc that comes with a nice hardware kit., for front and rear axles please.

If you have em, or know where to get em, please let me know, cuz all I've found so far is caddydaddy, and maybe FEN, but $$$. I'm not trying to cheap out, just find em fast.

Thanks
    Chris

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Sorry I can't provide anything specific. There is an almost 100% certainty those pieces were used on other GM cars. If you did some detective work and determined what those cars were it might increase your options.

3. Try rockauto.com They are sometimes a good source.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

might try Kanter. www.kanter.com

looks like they sell "kits" with everything, I didn't see a mention of individual hardware sets.

5. river1

river1

Try NAPA you might be surprised

Later jim

6. Duh, try your local parts store, if you have issues, they are idiots. PM me at that point.

7. outlaw256

outlaw256

i have a small carquest local owned and sittin on a country road that gets all my stuff.from brakes to frontend parts. got me all the goodies for my 62 galaxie on the brakes and a napa that if its out there they will find it for me.surely you got a local parts house that will chase stuff for ya.

8. NAPA should have them. You should always save your old parts to match them up, if you strike out with the Caddy parts, similar Olds or Buick parts should work too. Hold down nails might be a different length, all the rest should be the same within the same drum diameter.

Bob

9. NAPA holddown kit #80406, does one axle, and self adjusters, left side #80551 and right #80552, hope this helps.

10. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

Local advanced car type place didn't know, the local zoned out place didn't know, but Napster was on the money!

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can usually check online to see if they have something too.