Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Look what I got in Oklahoma this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingofthestreet, May 4, 2010.

1. kingofthestreet

kingofthestreet

Well it all started with a post on Fordbarn for a 1929 Model A rear window section and then the very next day I received an email from a person telling me that he had one but I had to take the complete car. So my first question was how much and what’s the car look like???….the guy sent me a few pics of the car in the snow which made it really hard to see the overall condition. The price was right but I had an uneasy feeling that someone could just be pulling my chain. I hit the road Sunday morning headed to Vici Oklahoma with cash in hand and after a 5 hour drive I ended up meeting a really nice guy that loves Model T’s plus he gave me one great deal!!! 2 Body’s, Front Cowl & Door
    Once I finish my roadster PU it’s on to the coupe project…I really like the looks Drebbybear’s 29 coupe

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I catch you up near my place and the lead will fly!!! :D

Nice score!!

3. You did pretty good there..

Sure you didn't leave a zero off that 400?

Good score.

4. You could sell the cowl, door and frame and make the $400 back if you weren't in a super hurry to do it... I need to find more stuff like that.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I love road trips like that!

Attached Files:

6. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

King, I bet I know that guy, and he is a pretty nice guy. If he is who I am thinking of, he was the best man at my wedding 33 yrs. ago.

7. Nice shootin', Tex!

8. kingofthestreet

kingofthestreet

Commish……….He goes by the name Model T Monte on the Hamb and Fordbarn. Super nice guy and he still has a few parts left – the rear of a 29 Sedan with frame, compete model a frame, 29 AA Truck, several engines, 30 front cowl, the rear of a 30 4dr sedan, several sets of model A &T fenders, A&T suspension parts and some other stuff….. Just send him a PM

9. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

King, yeah that is him alright, may have gave you the wrong impression, no need for a PM, I see him at the coffee shop pretty regularly. I will tell him next time that he is getting famous, showing up in the forums like this. Actually you might see him on film someday, they used him and his T truck in a movie that was shot locally awhile back.

10. great to see an ol timer prepared to part with stuff , and I'm picking in this case its gone to a guy who will do something with it.
    Well done all round !

11. you made out like a bandit

12. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Some guys have all the luck.

13. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

nice man enjoy, very nice............... I guess there's a couple of good things in Oklahoma, HA! I get to say that I live here.

14. saints

saints

stay on your own turff texan........Nice score its just the envy talking