Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look what I got for Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsledmerc49, Dec 16, 2011.

1. leadsledmerc49

leadsledmerc49

I bought this frame for my '49 Merc earlier this year and just got it shipped home. It showed up on Wednesday and I'm extremely happy with it. Now I can build my chassis this winter like I planned. I'm adding the Gambino's notch kit I got and air bags on all four corners. First I want to get it checked to make sure it's straight. My dad and I built a frame tool to keep it all squared and level while we're working on it. I'll post progress pics when I get some more done to it, I am just excited to have it home and wanted to share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I just cut one up and scrapped it this afternoon! ;)

Good luck with it! So much easier not having the pesky body in the way.

3. Clean start to a project!

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Very nice! Have fun with it!

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I agree . It's so much easier starting a build with a good foundation to fork from !
    Good Luck with your build !

Retro Jim

6. leadsledmerc49

leadsledmerc49

After bending and tweaking the frame I am pretty happy with it. More straight now but it wasn't too bad. So here is the front suspension so far. Started putting it together last weekend. Fatman dropped uprights and steering arms with disc brake conversion. Bags and plates from Ridetech. Still need to mount the calipers, steering arms and the shock mounts.

Attached Files: