Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look What I found on the side of the road

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Stephen Ramage, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Stephen Ramage

Stephen Ramage

Haven't had a street rod since I sold my 1935 Chevy in 2005, Been looking all over North America for "MY" car. Last weekend drove 300++ miles round trip and came home empty handed, and then on Monday afternoon I took a slightly different route home and look what I found on the side of the road.
    Rushed home and got my purchasing agent, she negotiated an acceptable price and after 63 years I have my model A coupe.
    I fell in love with Model A coupes when I was about 12 years old in 1957 and now I have my own.

So that's the back story on me, the back story on the coupe is ........... none existent. The gentleman I bought it from was given it by the previous owned just before he passed away and so ...... no back story or history.

I will post more pics, and description in another post.
    Thanks
    STEVE

Attached Files:

2. Stephen Ramage

Stephen Ramage

So my "new" car is a twenty footer (looks good from 20 feet away. My evaluation is, never restored, never rotted out, sat outside for a considerable period at some time, pretty much "stock" except for wheels and tires, intake and exhaust, and 12 volt alternator. Oh yeah I think the roof has been changed at some point.

The plan, always subject to change, hydraulic brakes (1940 Ford?), T-5 conversion, and drive it. I will add a heater to extend the driving season.

It has a vacuum operated fan, I have never seen or even heard of such a thing.

Oh yeah my chief mechanic Jaxon (5 going on 21) really likes the push button operated exhaust cutout.

Attached Files:

3. Welcome. Great looking Model A. Have fun with it.:)

4. There's quite a bit of non original going on there. For a start, what's with the hood? It has a reveal running through it?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. grumpy65

grumpy65

You should be extremely proud and grateful for having such an amazing thing in your life.
    I am talking about your "purchasing agent".
    The coupe is ok too. :)

dana barlow likes this.