Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOOK what I found and bought!! Its a HUDSON

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Thanks for all the posts on the Hudson. I know times are tough and some of you already have cars.

Its not eating anything and someone will step up...or down and they wil get a nice car. I just don't know that much about them!!

Like I said, I'm open to trades and have been talkin to a couple of hambers along those lines. I'd like to get a good daily driver...I like 49-51 Fords and I do already have a thread going on that and a for sale thread.... so I won't elaborate much more here.

Anyway, if you like this Hudson...it is Kool..we can work something out with somee creative thinking...LOL

Thanks again for all the positive comments.

Murph

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try the classifieds for your ads...

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

very nice find! Preserve it and try and keep it as original as it is. Even if the paint is cracked; unless it starts to fall off; keep it original. Truly an amazing find! Congrats!

4. bofusmosby

bofusmosby

Murph

I just thought I'd take a look at this treasure again. Truly remarkable! BTW, I'm still playing the lottery! :D

Just remember, most realities begin with a dream.

5. ratt7

ratt7

Great buy!!

6. sololobo

sololobo

Would the term, "lucky duck" fit here. Man what a beauty, this is one car I like the 4-door as much as the coupe. My early memories of these cars is of them winning local stock car races, just blowing the field away. You are going to have a blast with this baby. Congrats bro! ~sololobo~

7. CAR GUY HRN

CAR GUY HRN
    from ORLANDO FL

Wow i had a 49 an old lady gave me when i was 13 never got it running wasnt old enough to drive anyway used to bring girlfriends and fool around in back seat ...too be young again!!!!

8. bosshog44

bosshog44
    from Florida

Any interest in selling your Hudson?

9. bosshog44

bosshog44
    from Florida

Still 4 sale?

10. Wanna' trade for an "04 Dyna glide?

11. bofusmosby

bofusmosby

12. Yes,

I have a thread going in the "For Sale" section. It is a neat car. I got it running as soon as the spark hit the plugs...two revolutions, sounds very good. Open to trades. If it wasn't for the cold weather settling in so fast, I would have it on the road...then I may change my mind on the sale, but for now it's still available. Thanks to all who have sent inquiries.

Murph

13. bofusmosby

bofusmosby

I am suprised that this car hasn't sold yet. Oh well, I'm still playing the lottery! :D

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

i think that is a perfect candidate for a bomba style cruiser, w/ aircraft lifts and all.
    such a nice car to be cut up....and i hardly say so.

15. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

What a nice looking car!!!!!
    When my dad left the Army in the very early 60's, he picked up a Hudson from a junkyard in New Jersey. Drove it (and wife and 4 kids) out to San Francisco to study to be a minister in the Salvation Army. Then piled everyone in (with an extra kid, lol) and headed up to Anchorage Alaska and Fairbanks Alaska as a Salvation Army officer in training. Then changed his mind and headed back down the ALCAN and off to New Jersey again with a wife and 5 kids piled in the Hudson. Avoided a moose and hit a major dirt pile on the ALCAN, but just kept on going. We got out of there before the earthquake.

Sold it back to the same junkyard for the same 50 bucks he paid for it.

Hudsons are seriously cool! I'd love to make a drive like that in a nice cruising car. (but sorry - am in a cash-free situation - so can only say how nice that Hudson looks and how great it would be for a nice looooooooooong drive).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  16. bofusmosby

bofusmosby

Well, I see that this car is finally sold. Damn lottery, never did win it.....

17. ratt7

ratt7

Wow! good find.