Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOOK what I found and bought!! Its a HUDSON

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jkherd

jkherd

:) That's an awesome ride. They are only original once, I recommend clean it, sort out the systems and just drive and enjoy.

2. csclassics

csclassics

Nice Hudson!!!! Those are great cars, enjoy!!

3. Mench

Mench

sweet find...great shape,does it have overdrive? I have a 49 Commodore 6 all stock,they ride great..good luck with it,I might have some extra parts just let me know..again it looks good

mench

4. Mench,

Hudsons are totally new to me...I wouldn't know where to look for the overdrive...LOL. I just downloaded a chassis manual from a Hudson website.

Thanks for the offer for parts, but honestly, its seems all there with more in the trunk. I'll do an inventory when I get it home.

The plan when I found it was... to play a bit.... and then sell it to fund the 40 Coupe. Right now that's still the plan, but who knows, this car is just KOOL!

You Hudson guys really keep these things a secret from us normal folk.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  5. rustyhood

rustyhood

That looks like a sweet score!

6. cool. with all the gasser madness latly, im thinking ive never seen a hudson gasser. lol.
    just sayin....

7. Perfect.............just the way it is.

8. JasonSeaver

JasonSeaver
    from detroit

9. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

That car will make one great cruiser. Enjoy it !

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

nice just go over the brakes real well and drive it

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats a hell of a find and screams "Sled"! I kept saying "Wow!" when looking at the pictures. :D Does anyone know if split exhaust manifolds were made for that engine? Get it running, add nice wheels & tires & drive the hell out of it. I'm normally a Gasser guy but this Hudson would be all wrong for that.

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Contact member Hudsonator (or is it er?) of this forum for lots of hudson information.

Great road cars, will run 70+ all day long.

cleanit up get it safe and enjoy the heack out of it.

13. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hudson were cool cars, sturdy as hell .

14. cederholm

cederholm

Man that's nice! ...I'm drooling here.

15. The Hudson is coming home tomorrow. As luck would have it, a good friend has a buddy who lives 10 minutes from the car and he will be hauling it to the farm in his enclosed trailer.

This car is a Hoot! Thanks for all the good comments...ain't it great to keep finding these Kool cars. Shit they made literally millions of cars, so there has to be more to find for many years to come.

We'll get it running and drive it, but the plan is to sell the car ( to help with the 40 Coupe). So, all of you stay tuned for updates on the the re-birth after 5+ years.

Again, the Hudson will be "for sale" in short order, so if you have an interest? keep in touch or send me a PM. Trades would be considered, but no farther than about 200 miles. Thanks

16. Wow ! Congrats on that score. I really dig them cars and especially when they are in the condition of yours.

17. X2-CQQL SCORE!:eek:

18. hasty

hasty

Very nice,
    congratulations!

19. I've not said this for many years, but "Hell fuzzy". Good Lord what a nice car. Wishing it were mine. To keep dreaming i guess.

20. What the Hell does "Hell fuzzy" mean???

And it can be yours...."Shit Fire".....LOL

Murph

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  21. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Ew, a 4 door! :D

Hudsons are super cool and that one's in amazing condition. Have fun with it.

22. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Too cool! love these old Hudsons. once you start driving it around and getting some miles on it you might change your mind about selling it. These are the best road cars of their time and handle way better than most cars made.
    Hope you have a ball with it.
    PaceRacer50

23. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

Very nice find , got to be the best more door imho

24. Gigantor

Gigantor

Congratulations on that find. Hudsons are amazing cars - there is a very active group of White Triangle guys here: http://www.classiccar.com/forums/
    They are very friendly, very helpful, and might just be your best bet to find an appreciative buyer... if you choose to sell it... which you just might.

25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

great catch , honest , you don't know what to do with it ? You do have a permit to drive don't ya ?
    i like. You want to sell that visor in the trunk?

26. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Great find! That commodore steering wheel was a dealer opition upgrade. I have a 49 Super Six as well.

27. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

whow that interior looks good! congrats, whatever you paid- it's worth it.

28. shoveled71

shoveled71

Man thats a beauty, and big enough to move into...

29. The Hudson is home and it's kool as SHIT!! Hambers make your best offer? This is being offered to you guys first!!!REALLY.
    This is a really neat original car. Find me a Hudson more original and I'll buy it.
    Make me a really reasonable offer...then come and get it before I get it running and driving....I dare you. or else it will cost you alot more $$...LOL.

Thanks

Murph:cool:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010