Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look what I bought today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toner283, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Toner283

Toner283

I found/bought a set of headlights that I thought were pretty cool at a swap meet today. Can you guys & girls tell me if I got a good deal or not? I ain't gonna say what I paid for 'em just yet, I want to see what they are worth & if I got a good deal. I have not cleaned them up yet, I just got them home. Any chance these are repop or are they originals? the headlight ring has Electroline series 2200 cast into it & they seem to be pot metal (I thought they were aluminum at first but not so sure anymore). there is a cast like they would have a light on the top but it is cast in solid, no hole for a lens. What do you think, did I get lucky or did I get ripped?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Toner283

Toner283

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

you won't post what you paid for them, but you want to know if you got a good deal?

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

Cool lights. Foreign truck maybe?

5. I think I saw that those were used on big trucks like todays semis in the 40's.

Neat lights.

Why won't you spill what you paid? $100?

6. jonnycola

jonnycola

Those are worth a fortune.

Originals for sure.

7. If you paid more than 30.00 you got jacked. Happy??

8. You can put lipstick and a dress on a what's it worth thread, but it's still a what's it worth thread. In drag.

9. Toner283

Toner283

I reread my post & it is worded screwy, Sorry I am 1/2 asleep, just kinda excited about these lights. as to what I paid, I would rather not look like an idiot if these turn out to be a easy to get repop set of lights that I paid too much for. I was gonna put 33/34 commercial lights on my A Tudor but I might use these now instead. they have an art deco look to them I think. I mostly want to know if they are repop or not, I don't want to tell people they are a 19XX whatever if they are a brand new repop light. I do not have anything against repop parts, just dont want to try to pass repop off as original.

10. Do they look like repops??? No. I think your fishing.

11. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

12. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

'Ive had 5 or 6 sets of these lights . Got a set on my '32 Roadster now . Sold a few on eBay . Prices were higher a couple of years ago . Sold some for $1000 to $1500 a pair . Seem to be about $800+ for a pair now...........Z.

Attached Files:

13. Swapmeet in Canada eh ! My guess is you paid $180.00. Worth a lot more. The pic,s you made will do fine on Ebay. :D

14. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Don't use them for now. Use them forever. They are SWEET !

15. striper

striper

But you'd be happy to look like a king if it turns out you got a bargain....:rolleyes:

16. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

if you don't say how much you paid, how can anybody tell you if you got a good deal or not??? if you already bought them and did pay to much, so what!!! your stuck with them. if you like em, then your all set. but if you bought them thinkin you were gonna re sell them and make a killin, and are now fishin for prices, well then i hope you paid too much!

17. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

So far this thread has given me a headache

18. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

The lenses are worth $4.00 each, the reflectors about $2.50 each and the housings about $20.00 for the pair. So if you paid more than $33.00 for the pair then, yep, he seems to be fishing. Here's what I'll do for you, give me $35.00, throw the lights in the garbage and 2 of will be happy. Who are the 2 guys that'll be happy? Me and the guy you gave the $33.00 too. This thread should be blocked.

19. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

If you wanna go fishin. Go to the lake already.

This is just as bad as 32 3 window thread.

Lame thread.

20. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

and let me guess.now i gotta come back to this thread to see what you paid for these when i could be doin somethin else.i hate bein played

21. skwurl

skwurl

Its like a bad gameshow.Like avintage price is right but you dont win anything. these guys are just shooffs. I like the pics and story but I dont understand the whole fantasy bidding they expect us all to do.

22. mark53

mark53
    from NEW YORK

american-lafrance fire truck

23. Keep

Keep

So is there actual car parts at this years swap meet in Barrie? Last year it was nothing but socks and old clothes....

24. RichG

RichG

[​IMG]

....ooh ooh ooh, those lights are the super rare "Mondo Super Inflated Ego Illuminators"!!!

Looks like they work well.:D

25. 61TBird

61TBird

I bought this yesterday from the original owner.
    He told me it ran when parked and is a rare "one off" Factory Kustom.
    I think I got a good deal,it took all the cash in my wallet,a box of depends and a case of ensure to get it from him.
    Did I get a good deal,or did I pay too much?

[​IMG]

26. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Look up similar items on Ebay and set your reserve price accordingly..........

27. PRoz

PRoz

Are those off Darryl Starbirds Superflex Moonbeam? If so they're pretty rare and worth a lot of money. Well not Canadian Money, but real money.

28. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

depends if the steering wheel is bent or not

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't give a rip what you paid for them or what they are worth, they are pretty cool looking in my book and I'd damned well run a set if I had them.

The next guy who posts one of these "what's it worth" posts is going to have to dig out the grease pit.

30. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I agree.What a waste of bandwidth and time.
    You don,t want to look like an idiot for paying too much but you look like an idiot for this post.
    End of rant.