Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look what followed me home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shiftymutt, Apr 28, 2006.

1. So a guy in my old club tells me he has this bike that won't run right...he doesn't know whats wrong with it....He says he wants to sell her....I figure its worth a look....says it is a 61 BSA chopper....Oh boy I am thinking this can't be good.....He says he wants like 3 grand for it....

I roll over there and take a look...actually a nice bike and looks like a lot of fun ( and just like a bike my pops ran around on when he first got out of high school). I ask him how much as is...he tells me 2200.000

I go out and check it out....it is firing on 1 jug...dual coils one jug...hmmmm maybe one of the coils is out...I switch the plug wires and she fires on the other jug...problem solved.....

He says that he will sell it to me anyway for 2200.00....well this guy is pretty cool and he was going to sell it at pomona that weekend so I tell him take it pomona and if it don't sell there call me and I will take it...

Well he called and now she is mine....I was showing some pictures to Brandy and she swears that a HAMB'r owned this bike....I would love more info....

Attached Files:

2. Thats a great looking bike!

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I was just thinking about getting a BSA.
    Good stuff

4. tjm73

tjm73

Cool. wash it and ride it as is .....after you make it run right. And since you know the problem already ride it this weekend.

5. Tom C

Tom C

Nice bike. Wouldn't mind that following me home.

6. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Thats sick Shifty. Wanna sell.

7. Yep. I have a guy around the corner that is offering me 4000.00. I think it is worth that.

8. bigdude

bigdude
    from mich

Get a honda 350 coil and replace that junk coil. You got a good deal on it,Im an old Triumph builder and rider.

9. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Nice score!
    If you keep it, it wouldn't take much to really make it killer.

But there's nothin wrong with pocketing a quick (nearly) 100% profit on it, either.

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Holy shit! smokin deal!

11. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nice bike, I'll have to try that Honda 350 coil thing as well.

12. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Thats a pretty cool bike..

13. I really do like the bike...the front end is a little long for my eye but it is cool.

I don't think ANYONE would bash me for making a quick sale and a 100% profit. Even if I ddi that it would still be a dirt cheap bike...Where can you get a cool done riding bike for 4000.00 grand....

If I stick her on E-gay I know I would make atleast that....Not really wanting to do that. if the right friend or friend of friend comes with the cash then I am going to sell her....plane and simple...

14. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Well..... If you still have it next Sat maybe we can talk some more about it. I would change the front though. My 2 cents. I'd still ride the shit out of it.

15. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

You should send me the tins for a good spraying, then sell it for even more profit......:D C'mon, I need some work!

16. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

if you don't want it following you around anymore you can drop it off at my house anytime you please

17. I wish you were out here I need my galaxie painted and Donnie is booked up.

18. smokin deal there...very cool bike

19. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Damn Shifty! That thing is bad. Congats on the killer score.

20. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Fly me to cali & back and I'll do it! :D Never been further west than kansas, and frankly kansas sucked!

21. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

There's reasons we all rode Triumphs instead a BSA.

BUT it should be fun for you.:)

It needs a set of drag bars!

22. Problem is that flying you out is gonna cost more than the cost of a paint job with gas prices as high as they are....I do have some stuff that i gotta get done soon....

23. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I haven't flown since I was a kid, didn't realize plane tickets have gotten out of hand as well. No one will be able to travel at all soon, unless we invent teleporters!

24. Thats a nice lookin bike. I'd say it's worth about 4 grand. It looks a lot like my Triumph when I got it. This is what it looks like now and i'm askin $4,500.00[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. personally I think you are cheating yourself on that bike...you can get more for it out here....I guess it is always like that....Long riding season=more money....

26. Eryk

Eryk

Possible trade for the Ranchero? :)

27. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

That was my homie( punker greag's)bike.
    he and another bud built it about 2 years ago.
    Does it still have the bicycle tire in front?
    It's from the 909 .( yes !We can do kool shit out here!)
    Nice to see its still around!

28. deedster

deedster

Great deal....and two cool bikes....

29. LuckyBastardMiguel

LuckyBastardMiguel

Like they say in the ghetto FOOL YOU CAME UP

30. WrazedWrong

WrazedWrong

Looks like a great buy ....Shifty