Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Look Out! Its A Meteor

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by MrPhat40, Jul 4, 2018.

1. 51custom

51custom

My first car was a 50 Meteor, as far as I know they were built in Oakville Ontario Canada ...How Meteor came to be is Ford Canada came up with this idea to have more than 1 Ford dealership in town. They also came up with Mercury trucks for the same reason. Kind of a good idea . This way they could have more sales. So All Meteors and Mercury Trucks are Canadian made, I have the Ford Canada History book also published in Canada lol.
    Jim

2. 51custom

51custom

The 50 Meteor also had beltline trim.

3. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

That is sweet.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

4. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

5. Hogger

Hogger
    from Carvel AB

1C050130-DC1D-45AC-B798-801650E039BA.jpeg

Attached Files:

Surfcityrocker, mgtstumpy and Stogy like this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

You know I may have been a little foggy on the Regina info but listing the companies and locations of the assembly plants wouldmake a goodthread...hmmmmm?

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Now this is not the history that I've been told. I was told that due to our lower population and our towns a little farther afield that there might be a Ford or a Mercury dealership in town but not both as sales would not support it. So the Mercury dealerships got the dressed up Fords/Meteors so as to have a lower priced car to sell and the the Ford dealerships got the got the rebadged Mercurys/ Montcalms, etc. so they would have a pricier car to sell but not compete with the Mercury deanships that might be a few towns away.