Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look out**** East coasters to invade GNRS 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DICK SPADARO, Dec 13, 2009.

1. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

OK Guys and Gals, we did it before we are doing it again! Dick Spadaro Early Ford Reproductions and Juliano's Interior Products have teamed up for a wintertime road trip with a display of products at the 2010 Grand National Roadster show. Its been a couple years since we had a display at the show so we decided to reconnect with the west coast experience.. (plus its about 17* here as I post). Stop by and pickup a free catalog and check out items like the New Ford friendly quickchanges, wide 5 adapters or trick banjo steering wheels and specialty wood graining. We are going to be in the new #9 Theme car building, both of us have been in business for over 30 years so if you have a part you are looking for or a project you are thinking about building come on over and see if we can help you out with your project.. More information to be added as we will keep you posted with the road trip adventures!!! Dick and Bob

2. Frank and I want last year, cuz we heard youz guyz were going in 2010. Of course it was cold and raining most of the time we were there.

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Looking forward in seeing you guys out west .... looks like I not the only one going were it's warm & dry I hope

4. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Hey, Dick,

Sounds like a great time.

Not for nothing, but why don’t you become an Alliance Member/Vendor on here? Bob’s stuff is mostly for hard core street rodders, but a lot of your products would be considered “HAMB friendly” and you may be surprised what a little 5% off deal would net Dick Spadaro Early Ford Reproductions.

To get you started, I’ll front you the money at least for an Alliance Membership! :D

GA

5. John Stimac

John Stimac

I look forward to shaking your hand once again,bring the repo long louver sides, I want to see and touch them.
    John

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

CALIFORNIA ALERT!!!!! Warn your wives and kids but most of all hide your ole tin, The east coasts premier old parts scrounger is coming.

7. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!! Not Dick? I will hunt you down and pick on you,as usual.If you wear a Hawaiian shirt you will have to buy me a beer ( or two )

8. I didn't know Dick was going to make a formal announcement about our attack on the west coast, but since he let the cat out of the bag I will offer free transportation of any product to be delivered to the show. Top kits and soud deadener and anything we sell can save you a lot of money with free shipping. Truck leaves around Jan 1st, so don't wait!!! We can also pick up wood graining jobs for the trip east.
    Bob

9. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Hey old man, make your trip warmer by swinging down through the Texas hill country on I-10. Me and the R&C pking redhead will treat you to dinner and beers!

10. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Ok this is turning to more of an adventure and I have been delegated to drive the truck sans co driver. Since this is not a cushy 4 hour plane ride, (More like 600 miles a day thanks to good old government regs), I thought that I might as well take this on as a little tourist trip. Any points of interest on the way out, I scored tickets to the Chili Bowl in Tulsa so thats one stop. DS

DICKSPADARO.COM

11. Dick your a light weight, I can do at least 700 miles a day with no log book problems

12. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Ok its getting close to down the highway time, so just a quick note that if any of the west coast contingent want to save shipping charges on heavy items like quickchanges or other heavy items. We start loading the truck up next week 1/4/10 if it stops snowing, so if you want something brought out for free freight get you order in Asap.

And thanks to all who PM'd and offered room, board and beers.

Dick

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  13. sota

sota

Dick, See you out there.Have a safe and fun drive !
    Ed Gromer

14. FlatOut

FlatOut
    from Nebraska

Dick if you stop in Lincoln Nebraska I am buying dinner! We can go to that old car museum and see your favorite......old tin

-Dave

15. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Dick, If you come thru Virginia I will also buy you dinner..HA HA , have a great trip, See you there.....

16. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

OK its a heat wave the truck just got loaded up and the adventure begins. It was great today 26* this morning yesterday was 7* so loading today was a heat wave. Next stop Tulsa for the Chili Bowl midget races.

Attached Files:

17. Hell, I thought you would be taking Bob's Semi. He's right, you are a light weight!

18. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Ok, I made it to Tulsa, Oklahoma for the 2010 Chili Bowl Midget races, 245 cars for 5 days of racing,24 cars sart the feature so its no holds barred and the racing is action packed. From the local driver to the national Usac champion to Nascar drivers this is the mini event for winter bragging rites. This year was an action packed race won by Kevin Swindell son of Sammy Swindell. The place was going crazy as drama unfolded, dad was last years winner and guarranteed a last position starting spot that he had to use to make the race. Son won and Dad raced up to 3rd, the bets were being taken on if dad would dump the kid to win, but the race ended before the decision had to be made.

One note this is an interesting mix of cars and engine combinations with really very few rules. This year a group of guys from New Zealand showed up with a V8 engine made from two 750 Kawasaki MC engines into a V8 design. Both their cars made the main event which was an achievement but the workmanship and engineering was outstanding.

Ok off to Scottsdale now I hope the weather out look is better for next week.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just found this thread, sounds like a fun trip, photos would be a great addition. I've know both these guys for years and they market some great parts.

20. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Hi guys and gals I've weathered the cold of the plains, the snow of Flagstaff, checked out the deals at BJ in Phoenix and plowed thru the rains of Califorina. I'm resting up in Vista, Ca for the big week prior to the show. I forgot my camera cable to down load pictures as soon as I get going I'll load some up. Anyway for you out of staters the weather is looking good for the weekend right now.

There is one thing that always amazes me as I roll down the interstate, listening the the tunes, in the middle of nowhere desert, sippling ice tea in my air ride seat, that a little over a hundred years ago people actually walked this same route to go west and 5 to 10 miles a day was progress.

21. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Please do not bring these east coasters!

Attached Files:

22. Hey Dick,you need any rust brought from Kansas? We'll see you friday.
    Gary

23. Ok, Dick drove, I cheated and flew in Sunday, we have been hitting as many shops as we can and got a good start on set up for Thursday. We are in building 9 with the race cars and its got some really neat cars so stop by over the weekend and say Hi.

24. We are all set up and ready to go. Stop by in building #9 and say hello.

Attached Files: