Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Look but don't touch"....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmarcus, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmarcus

cmarcus

This was an idea I thought of this morning on the way into work. For those of us that don't really mind or care (most of us probably don't...) and also get annoyed by trailer queens (apologize for any insults...) if our cars are touched or prodded. After all, that is part of the experience! Just threw this together to see what peoples thoughts are. Might have some made.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Having strangers walk up to my car(s) and touching is, to me, one of the rudest acts that a person can do. I've even had them open the door and start to get in.
    Once, years ago, my roadster was at an informal show. Some guy walks up and starts laying hands all over it. When I suggested that this was not proper behavior, he became argumentive. He claimed that there was no harm done. He was right. So, I walked over to his amply endowed lady and bounced her boobs up and down a few times. Of course, he went ballistic. Hey, I told him, no harm done. They left the scene never to appear at my car again.
    By the way, they were very bouncy.
    And a squirt gun also works wonders

3. 94hoghead

94hoghead

The boob bounce sounds like more fun than a squirt gun......

4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Squirt gun. Then the boob bounce...

5. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

I'm going to get a helmet to endure the upcoming shitstorm this topic will yield.

BUT I will say... as a painter... NEVER TOUCH SOMEONE'S CAR. Ever. For any reason.

And, as a respectful human being... NEVER TOUCH SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY. Ever. For any reason.

"Trailer queen" or not, I don't understand what goes through people's minds when they whip out their fat stubby fingers and lay them across someone else's vehicle. DON'T DO IT.

Some people's kids...

6. I'm with you.....If it isn't yours, don't touch it. I don't care how finger friendly this culture is. If you want YOUR car touched, encourage it. Leave the rest of them alone...............Centurion9

7. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

I didn't pay stupid money to have someone's greasy handed little kid touch all over it... I don't care if it's a beater or a show car... if it's not yours, don't touch it...

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

You are welcome to touch my car when I invite you to touch my car. Not before, not for any reason.

9. Classic. Mind if we borrow that?

10. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

At the Rust Revival last weekend i had people leaning all over my car. I was ok with it for a bit, but it did get out of hand. Someone actually sat on my buddies Edsel and left trash on the hood and bumper!!! WTF

11. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I certainly would not put a sign on my car asking people to touch it.

This would lead to people fucking with the carbs, getting in it, slamming doors, and whatever other mishcief they thought the sign meant.

Why do they need to touch? If they feel that need can't they simply ask?

I took a guy I know to a car show this past weekend. It was his first I found out.

He was leaning on peoples cars and touching everything.

I warned him several times and he finally let up.

Now just imagine this guy seeing a sign that said, go ahead and touch this car.

Knowing him, he would have been fooling with everything.

12. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

I agree don't touch my ride unless i say so :)

13. 63401nailhead

63401nailhead
    from DE

Yeah, you don't touch someones car.:mad:

14. JMel

JMel

At the LSRU last month - i happened to have an old highschool acquaintance who lives in Austin - we were going to meet up at the LSRU. He happened to stop by the car as the wife and I were walking around the show.

He sent me a text message with a picture of my car stating "Wish You Were Here". In the picture - there were some guys sitting and leaning against my car. They were friends that we drove down with, so I obviously didn't care - but he didn't know that.

I was going to screw with the highschool acquaintance - and text back telling him to "tell those a$$holes to get the f*ck off my car!!!". But I decided that I didn't want to get his ass kicked that day. Although I kind of wish i did that just to see what would have happened.

15. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

If it ain't yours, don't touch. Don't kids listen anymore?

I dont care if your a car guy, its just a kid, or a self-proclaimed "pin-up"... keep your mitts off if it isnt yours.

16. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I look at some people's cars and fully understand why they are okay with people touching.
    Then I look at some other cars and fully understand why they are not.
    You can put me down as a "NOT"!!! ( Unless you are a good friend of mine or ask nicely and don't get pissed off if you go too far and I tell you to back off.)
    Paul

17. The wife and I came out of a cafe only to find some chick laying on the front fender of my '62 vette getting ther picture taken. She went ballistic on the idiot.

18. Before you even think about making these you better rethink your idea.

Ryan doesn't take kindly to using his trademark! HRP

Copyright © 1995-2012 Atomic Industry: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in.

19. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

I went to a car show outta town a few years back, came out of this small town diner to a guy leaning on my car posing for a pic, then to him helping his shorter g/f to sit on my fender for a pic... I handed my friend my wallet and said "use the blue card for bail"

20. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I caught a guy of maybe 30 sitting on my Harley making engine sounds and twisting the throttle. Not at a show, while I was at the grocery store! (not that a show changes that) I came up behind him and the darndest thing happened, he fell off the back rather quickly (musta hit a bump?) Somehow his shirt collar ended up in my hand while he ended up on the ground. He looked at me and without a word, he got up and ran. Smart move.

I also have had more than one person just get into my cars at shows and cruise-ins. Unbelievable. At an AACA meet in Denver a few years back I saw a woman place her baby on the fender of a spectacular white 1908 Buick and begin to change the diaper! Not 30' away was the pavilion with a dozen tables. When I confronted her while pointing out the tables she said "People eat on those tables!" I told her to use the bench or a blanket on the grass like everyone else and how could you be so ignorant to think this $20,000 paint job was a changing table? This started to get others to come closer, she began to get the message. She picked up her baby and walked away. I hope her child is smarter than that now.

It still amazes me how many people feel its OK to "pet" a car. That scratches the paint!!!! Yes, dust can reek havok on a high quality finish. I even saw a guy with a big camera around his neck bending over to look in cars as his camera was bouncing off the door! YIKES!

21. He went ballistic when you bounced her boobs up and down, but apparently she let you get a few bounces in. I agree with the no touch crowd. Levi rivets, belt buckles, wallet chains and other crap hanging off your body not to mention "Oh, they won't hurt anything" other peoples children. Another thing o/t that kills me, I have a low wing airplane and without fail, someone will lean against it and put their elbow on the skin. People think if it's made of metal, a little leaning wont hurt anything.

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

You might want to get permission to use Ryan's logo on there.

23. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

If someone asks to "touch" my cars or bikes I am cool with it, they are just cars. The guy or girl that just does it or uses your fender as a bench seat needs slapped in the back of their melon! The worst is the kids. I'd be the first to open the door and let your kid sit behind the wheel if someone asked but don't let your kids climb up my door to look inside while their shoes are licking the side of the car!
    Naked chicks are OK, as long as I am there to supervise!

24. S.F.

S.F.

its just rude when someone walks up and touches your car, fuck that. And never step on the running boards

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

We played cowboys when we were little...

First thing I learned was 'You never touch a man's hat.'
    Don't touch his horse, either...they string varmints up fer that!

When I got my first fenderless roadster going, every time I'd park it, some dumbshit would end up standing next to it with his foot on the shiny black Deuce frame!

Youth had its way with me, so after exhausting verbal effort "Please don't put your feet on the frame...", I'd simply walk behind the dork and bend my knee behind his standing leg...sharply. (real sharply would down 'em, I did this real sharply)

Billetproof is a melting pot for all kinds of 'walk-in' spectators that practice 'hands-on'.
    My F100 gets felt up lots, jerks can't seem to keep their hands off.
    I like that Boob Bounce.

26. nutajunka

nutajunka

Pictures or it didn't happen......:D

27. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

28. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Stepping on the running boards is something I'll admit bugs me.

When my car is finished I wont much care if some douchebag touches it. But anyone reading this is not the target audience for this complaint.

I would like to tell all the chicks at hotrodpinupchicks.com to not climb on the cars for their dumb photos though..

29. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

bastard:eek:

30. If she's good lookin' and got big boobs she can touch my car or me all over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.