Register now to get rid of these ads!

Longtime Lurker introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lucky13, Jan 2, 2010.

1. lucky13

lucky13

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on this site for quite a few years. I found this site when i got my coupe (1931 Model A), around 7 years ago. Now im finally gonna get a chance to work on it, so i figured id throw out my intro. Ok as far as cars go, I grew up with a very close uncle drag racing air cooled vw's. So of course thats where i started, and what my first running car was. It just kinda progressed from there, although i will always have a soft spot for vw's, I consider myself a mopar guy. And it goes without saying that I LOVE drag racing. I've talked about building "an old hot rod" for many years and i'm happy to say that i am finally getting my chance. I own a few cars now but they are mainly OT, and i wont discuss em much unless someone else might be into the same thing.

My coupe...I have it built in my head, but the problem is I have it built in 2 completely different styles. Either z'ed front and back, channeled the thickness of the frame, and chopped 5". Or a classic looking chopped highboy on 32 rails (although i really think a 32 would be better suited). Which ever way i choose, it will be chopped 4 or 5", powered by an early chrysler hemi, viper t56 (not very traditional, I know), and i have an 8-3/4 chrysler rearend for it. I've got some pretty cool stuff that i've been able to squirrel away for the car.

I've got some pics of it, but its just a basic stock body thats pretty solid but needs some work and replacement panels. I got it for a great deal, but it still needs alot. I can put some up on here if anyones intersted in seeing it.

2. lucky13

lucky13

I am also learning automotive machining for my 2nd job. Lucky enough for me my best friend owns a machine shop. So if you're in the bay area and need anything let me know

3. 440shawn

440shawn

Hey Bro! Welcome from Illinois.

4. lucky13

lucky13

thanks. And that looks like a c body in your avatar? I love those slab sided c bodies

5. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Welcome from Wisconsin.