Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long weekend. Get anything done??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Nov 28, 2010.

1. I got luckey and got a 4 day weekend. Despite getting called in twice for a couple of quick tug jobs it was a nice breather for me. I did sneek out at 6am Friday and picked up a drill press and new welding helmet at Tractor Supply.
    Since I traded my 50 sedan for the Hussey I've been wanting to do a few things that I though she could use.
    The car has no speedo or tach. I wanted a rough idea of what my speed was. I do alot of local driving and don't want to get pinched for speeding. I picked up a Mooneyes short sweep tach from The Hotrod Company. It fits the car pretty well I think.
    Next thing I wanted was a mirror. I looked at what alot of people were running on their T's and I saw alot of the ones that clamp on the windshield posts. I think they are real fugly. I did some looking around and saw that they actually made one for the Model A that used on of the holes for the windshield mounts. I figured if you cann do it on an A you can do it on a T. So I ordered a short stem 4' round mirror from J&P Cycles for a whopping $11. I pulled the stock bolt and used a stainless finish washer where it mounts. It looks like it belongs.
    What did you get done this weekend?

Attached Files:

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I found out that the engine I installed last week needs to come out to get the correct clutch shaft in the trans. Awesome!!! I didn't even go in the garage and I was this weekend I am further behind then when I left it!

Looking good Tugmaster!!! Did you get your wheels? I have your full payment when you do for the old ones.

3. rebelrat

rebelrat

A quick trip to emergency room to remove a piece of metal out of my eye so done nothing and wasted a long weekend !

4. JJ,

I talked to Jimmy on Monday. He said the would ship by or before Friday.I should have them sometime next week. I will let you know as soon as I get them. When are you going to Long Island?? Todd

5. That sucks. Hope you are ok.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm trying not too hahaha!!! I am looking for someone to come down here haha!!! I was just in Buffalo and the 11 hour drive each way sucks so I'm in no rush to do it again. I might be going to Philly though in February so I might head into BRONX and pick some of my stuff up from Zombie Hot Rod.

7. fbama73

fbama73

I tweaked my back at work Tuesday, so my four day weekend was pretty slowed down by that. I also had to do a quick repair on one strand of our outdoor lights, as well as getting out and putting up the indoor decorations.

All I got done on the car was to press in the new front bearing races, and got the drums turned and painted. I really wanted the car back on the ground and the brakes bled out. Maybe next weekend.

8. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Rebuilt my passenger side window and vent window, all new weather seals and felt, installed the freshened up window regulator, freshly painted door panel, inside door handles and buttoned it all up. Then put about 200 miles on her. A great weekend!

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

I did plenty on my 50 Chevy pickup in the last 2 days.Insulated the inside of the cab (firewall ,roof, rear of cab) ,rewired the dash after i put it back together after i painted it and the inside of the cab,ran the brake lights and switch ,flasher and turn signals etc from scratch (no ready made harness kit),plus added a 56 Chevy car fuse panel.Also had time to make hidden cable releases for the shaved door handles and they work well ...

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      120.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  10. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I stood looking at my Olds with a beer in my hand, an hour and 4 beers later nothing was done. I went back inside, I'm lazy!!

11. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

wanted to be able to get alot done on my buddy's 57 gmc cab, but gf ran me to the hospital on tuesday morning just in time to have my appendix taken out so wont be getting to much done the next couple of weeks

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Yep Steering shaft is cut down and changed spline Heading in now to weld and also finished windsheil on friday ,Next is hooking up drag link and then Carblinkage ,After that finalize stuff for painting ,Frame and motor .Let the tear down begin .................

13. Larry T

Larry T

Not car stuff, but metal work. Finished building a sissybar for my FXR and got it ready to go to the platers.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

14. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Not much of nothing most of the parts for what I need to do are ordered and on backorder.:rolleyes:

I did manage to clean the shop up a bit and found a few lost items.:D

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got up early today packed my lunch and got to the Mobil stantion and found out it's SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! Now it's noon, did some yard work any slowly got my mind around the idea that I have the rest of the day to work on the Roadster.

16. Nice job LarryT, that will look awesome chromed, perfect for a FXR, what did you use on the tight bends on top the oxy/acet wrench? BDM

17. choptopdoc

choptopdoc
    from tulsa

HAHAHA, Been there several times before. Theres nothing like having a doctor grind on your eye with a rotary file :rolleyes: It always happens when you decide to wear safety glasses.

18. Larry T

Larry T

Thanks.
    Yep, hot wrench and vice for all the bends. K.I.S.S. method, real high tech. LOL Smoothed everything up with files and emory cloth when I got it finished.
    Larry T

[​IMG]