Register now to get rid of these ads!

long time reader first time poster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 55customlinecowboy, Oct 14, 2018.

1. I am 38 years old with a soul from the past. I love old hot rods. I have a 1955 Ford customline currently on jack stands. It's a good thing though. I have a new radiator, fuel tank, fuel lines, Lincoln Versailles front spindles and 9" with disc, prop valve, hydraboost, steering box, seats, ect waiting to be installed. This spring it emerges new. My two issues are do I use the Lincoln Versailles steering box, a grand Cherokee box, or cavalier rack. Issue two is do I go hydraboost brakes, vacume booster, or Manuel. Looking for some advice. The power train is 500 plus hp 302 and a C6. I open to opinions, how to articles, and experience to help. I have built several hot rods, muscle cars, trucks, and bikes. I have the equipment to weld and fabricate. No idea is to hug to tackle. I also have the whole 1977 Lincoln Versailles to rob for parts. Any help is appreciated. IMG_20170810_231228.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. I see.
    More details please.

4. 302 block punched 30 over. Just shy of 11 to 1 compression. Port, polished, and gasket matched heads and intake. Solid cam, I would have to look at the can spec card for exact specs, 1:6 adjustable rockers, headers, 800cfm quick fuel carb, NOS plate set up for 150 shot, ect. It was in a race car we had and we detuned it for this car. C6 built by Chance transmissions out of Wichita Kansas. 3200 stall and shift kit. Over kill for the car but we had it built and running when this car needed a motor. It made a dyno pull at over 500 HP in the last car. With a 3500 stall and the bottle it went 8.90 in a mustang. It had a C4 trans and alot more gear in the rear then. I want to build a more street friendly 347 stroker or a Y block, but that will be after the brakes and suspension. Right now I have to much motor and not enough brakes, radiator, or fuel system. That's why its getting a winter tear down.

5. I just answered the question posed to me. If someone wants to test me that's fine. I've been turning wrenches since I could walk. I know my stuff. As for MYSELF, married, father of 3, associates degree in automotive technology, bachelor's degree in vocational teaching, vocational certificates in welding, auto body, and cabinetry. I am ASE certified. I am a service writer now because I got tired of working on new stuff. I get the whole test the new guy. I've been reading stuff off here for years and wanted to tap the knowledge of guys who have been there done that.

6. Thank you for your answer.

7. The guy that posted the shitty remark about nubies deleted it as soon as I responded. I got on here for help from the guys that know. I don't need crap from some bored asshole that might not even have a car. You know its people like that, that won't pass the knowledge that are killing the hobby. Young guys either buy them built now or build Honda's because of people like that. Thank you to all of you who help and share the knkwledge. Some of this stuff is a lost art.

KJSR and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. topher5150

topher5150

don't let it bother you to much, sometimes you'll find a turd floating in the punch bowl around here.

9. It doesn't bother me a bit, I think its funny. Junior high games like test the new kid. Its all good. The new guy knows his shit. I appreciate the rest if you guys. As for the turds, flush em.