Register now to get rid of these ads!

long Time follower new member: Muncie Question.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Gary C., Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gary C.

Gary C.

First off I finally joined to the fact I cant find my answer anywhere and I follow this forum quite a bit on power train and chassis stuff.
    My rig isn't period correct for the traditional hotrod community but do to my Classic styling, simplicity, and uniqueness I get a lot of attention from the classic car community.

A little back ground,
    When I was 14 I had a part time job after school and full time summers. My father found me a 1976 Chevy luv for $250. I bought it and decided to go after the classic hotrod theme.
    Started with a 350 Chevy, Turbo 400, and 9" rear end. Growing up around cars, bikes and fabricating everything on this truck I have hand made. Being I started it at 14 and now look back at 24 I am realizing some of my "lessons/Mistakes"?

Anyway married with my own boy makes money is tight. I keep blowing up my th400 because I cant afford a $1500 rebuild and I have tried to many times to repair it. I have Purchased a M20 thinking it will go nicely behind my 377 Chevy (which I had contemplated building but a few of you guy's stories convinced me to destroke a dead 400).

My 377 is a budget build I did myself probably 350-400 horse 6500 red line ( one 1/4 mile pass at 12.23sec @111.3mph). Truck weighs about 3300lbs with me in it.
    I want to know if I will be safe to run the Muncie m20 stock with a 15lbs flywheel and stock clutch 10.5"? Equivalent to a 68ish Camaro? Do I need to upgrade the case or mid plate?
    I have a scatter shield and run slicks when I get to the track. Maybe 2-3 times a year but I do street drive it in the summer.

I would really appreciate any help. Everyone on this forum is very educated and I trust enough to ask.

Thank you again.
    gary

Attached Files: