Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Long Pump SBC's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donno, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Love that song!!!!!..... :)

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

oops I was thinking of the oil fill in the intake. anyways how many road draft tubes have you seen on anything other than a stocker?

3. squirrel

squirrel

Lots of them have been replaced with PCV, and starting in the early 60s they only came with PCV. The 50s-60s blocks have the hole in the back for the road draft tube or PCV tube fitting. Some guys notice it. Most don't.

Sent from my Trimline

49ratfink likes this.
  4. The older Impalas around '61 or so had a big steel can shroud. My dad's '59 may have had one, I recall him starting the car and giving a neighborhood cat a haircut one morning...

5. indyjps

indyjps

I have a very early memory of our all white cat dragging its mangled bloody legs along behind it after it settled into the neighbors fan shroud on a cold morning. My dad took it behind the garage and it never came back.
    Little kid lesson that "shit happens", be careful.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. redo32

redo32

One morning my neighbor knocked on the door & said "I think I killed your cat". There was fur everywhere. When the cat finally came in it had two bare spots a couple of inches in diameter that look like it was neatly shaved. Didn't break the skin. Down to 8 cat lives.

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Poor cats....

mad mikey likes this.
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I went and started my mom's new Nova one evening, and heard a thump thump thump from under the hood. I thought "wtf?" and shut it right off. The came a long meow and a fluff of white fur out from under the hood, and the neighbor's cat bolted out and across the street. Lucky he was, and Lucky became his new name. I have one here who came in a couple of weeks ago with a sore paw and some serious wounds to his face and ears, and I wondered if he may have done the same thing. Anyway, they will only be there one time when the engine fires up. Surely they will never go there again if they get out alive, and hopefully they will tell all of their friends ;)

Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Turn of event?
    [​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That's why dogs are better, they sit inside the car.

Deuces and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.