Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long overdue introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by conestogaman, Dec 30, 2016.

1. conestogaman

conestogaman

I have checked into HAMB for awhile now, but never introduced myself, so here goes...

My name's Jeff, and I'm a car-o-holic...

I grew up in the Chicago area, and with all the rust, never saw hotrods, customs, or restored classics except in the peak of summer at car shows. Then I moved to California (1st Napa, then Sack-o-tomato), and boy was I pleasantly surprised! Fine old cars everywhere, almost all year long!

It's been 27 years now, and I have picked up some great cars and trucks including a '57 Nash Metropolitan, '64 Dodge 880 custom with a 440 and frenched lights, etc. a '65 Dodge Coronet 500, '62 Buick Special, 3- '54 Studebaker Conestoga wagons and a sedan, a 49 Studebaker Rcab pickup which is on a 4x4 1 ton chassis, 49, 50, 63, Chevy pickups, a 58 GMC pickup, a 64 stock as a rock beetle, '57 VW single cab p/u, and a 41 Clark forklift (kinda cute...).

Lately, I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet a woman who shares my love of old cars, and we've been taking some classics to shows for the last 4 years, mostly to support the Veterans Guest House in Reno, NV, and will continue to show our cars

This is a great resource and I enjoy all the forums.

Well, that's about it. Thanks for this forum!

Jeff

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Not sure why, but I just received a notice about your post above..!?

I also have a coupla (2-54's, 1-55) Conestogas plus two other Lark 2dr. wagons. I'm in SoCal.

Mike

conestogaman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Wow, you're member 6087 on here and been here since May of 2005! You've exercised far more restraint (as far as posting) than I could ever muster.:)......Seems kinda weird saying Welcome but I just did.:D

lothianwilly71 and conestogaman like this.
  4. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

Welcome aboard , lurker. Great to have a woman that shares the passion for cars.

Sent from my SM-T377V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

conestogaman likes this.

5. conestogaman

conestogaman

Thanks! I learned alot from lurking. If y' all knew how many boards I subscribe to...

There's the forums for the cars and trucks, motorcycles and Adventure riders, aircraft and construction, drones and construction, 3D printing, welding, wood working, and router table forums that most of the time I just sit back and browse.
    Thanks, lurking is easy for me...;)

6. conestogaman

conestogaman

I've had 2- 54 Champions and my current is a 54 Regal Commander (not the one pictured in my avatar, but it looked like it new).

It had a 232 V8, auto trans and power steering, but is getting a 2004 Silvarado 5.3 engine, 4 speed auto trans, transfer case in a streched Chevy Tahoe 4x4 chassis, and will be a daily driver (like the AMC Eagle Wagons) but not lifted. I like the 4x4 wagon idea, but I've seen too many turned into monster trucks. Gonna stay close to stock height and look as close to stock as possible beside the M+S tires and wheels.

I already have the monster truck (49 Stude R cab and bed on a 6" lifted 4x4 Chevy chassis, cross over steering, 456 Dana 60 tracloc front/Corporate 14 Detroit locker rear, Edelbrock Performer 350/bulletproof TH350/203, 36" Military OZ Wranglers)

I also like the Champion dashboard better, so I have a coupla extras to put in from a 54 sedan. There's alot to do before I can drive it. Wish me luck.

7. Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B. enjoy your ride!!!! :D

lothiandon1940 and conestogaman like this.