Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long Beach Motorama-Is it not happening anymore?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56KUSTOM, Oct 23, 2012.

1. I never saw any info for this year.

2. Motorama ran away with the circus.

3. So was it out doors...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. no. it was inside the dome at the queen mary.

5. The Motorama is no longer....Too bad cause I really liked that show. I know it still lives on in the Ink-n-Iron,but I liked how it was in the Long Beach Arena.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

So very true Chili , so very true:confused:

'' A government by the people, for the people '' my ass!

7. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Brilliant

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Motorama is still alive... like stated before its now part of Ink n Iron..

And if by Circus you mean hot chicks, great music and Hot Rods and Kustom cars... well then yes... :D

The Arena was awesome but it and it ended up being really expensive to put on the show.. Maybe Trace will chime in...

As for the Motorama its still alive and its actually the same size as the show at the arena.. all the cool stuff was there like the Wall of legend and the Cavaliers / Renegades room, Kustom City Display, Lions Drag plus the Queen Mary as your back drop and even a place to stay.. its not just a car show but a would event.. you actually can do other things.. thats a good concept :D

I heard some of the line up for next year and if your an old time punk like my self.. your gonna see some really good bands of our era... on top of that.. The International Pole performance competition and the Boiler Big Top both have super almost naked hot chicks and side show performances..witch i missed out the other years I went..

Look... I was like most about this "It's a Rat Rod show" "Who wants to see Rockabilly's" etc.. but I have been working at the show for the past 2 years and I gotta say this show is matured allot not only in the car show but the bands... The bands get bigger and better every year.... and what other place are you gonna see the Sonics, Suicidal, the Vandals, The Palidins, detroit cobras... the list goes on...I support Ink N Iron its really turned into a great event.. And I hope you guys can come out a support the Motorama /INI this year..

Heres some pixs from last year...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Some more from last year..

Attached Files:

10. It was an honor to have my car in the dome. One of the best shows ever!

11. yup.
    working on getting my plymouth ready for next year.

i went to INI last year for the first time and i must say that i was impressed. the staff were awesome, the atmosphere is pretty live, the setting is one of my favorites, the bands were KILLER and as stated before, there was other stuff to do.

i left at 5 on saturday and there was a line that stretched further than i could see.

12. DrJ

DrJ

That's right. More like ran away with the freak weirdo side show.

13. Oh Doc, you're just getting old.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I love this damn coupe....
    [​IMG]

15. I understand the money side of renting the arena and how much that is but what about renting the dome(which he IS using now) at a different time then ink & iron.

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Isn't that what they called you hippies?? :D

17. madpole

madpole

there were a bunch of amazing hot rods and kustoms there. it's worth going to ink n iron just for the lb motorama if you are not into the rest of the show.

18. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

All I'm seeing is some damn cool cars :), but where's the pics of the nearly naked pole dancers. :confused: We need a little fair and balanced here.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics that were posted. LB Motorama was a great show on it's own. glad to hear that it is not totally gone. will try to hit the dual show set up next year.

20. heh...
    that's what i was thinking!

21. my guess is that its the same set of burdens.

you cant support a show without attendance.

you cant get attendance without other than kustoms

you need lots of space for the other than kustoms.

you cant put on a 'kustom' show at the arena level and expect the kind of turnout you need to make it happen. not right now anyhow.

if you attach it to a lifestyle show, you got a winner.

it was a GREAT concept and done exceedingly well. i support the show 100% and i hope it comes back to the arena.

22. Shit after seeing those pics I wanna go!! The Paladins??? I thought they were done? That right there was worth the admission price,,, Half nekked girls???? Can I fly out and work the MF booth?

23. You can do a search for the threads I have done on the past shows and see what's it's all about. I've gone to every one and worked all but the last show,due to trying to remove my finger.
    It might not be everybodys cup of tea,but it definately is a great time! Cars,girls,music,booze(not for me)Queen Mary,did I mention the girls? The car part of the show has gotten better every year.
    I won't miss another one!!!

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Heres some girls.... this is the other part of the show that many have missed... Around 2 minutes in there some pole dancing :D

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/48848050?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=e0020a" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>