Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone Star Round Up 2009 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, May 9, 2008.

1. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

bttt for those that missed it.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Lets see :rolleyes: what will we be thrashing on a week before the Round up ?:confused::D:D

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Jefe,

Will there be entertainment at the Faigrounds again this year, after hours?

Also, will camping at the fairgrounds be allowed again?

4. there will be entertainment at the Fairgrounds again - and camping will be allowed, yes.

5. Going to make this one for sure since the coupe is almost back on the road.

6. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Monkey Likey...

Thanks Jefe'!

monk

7. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

Bum weakend for me, but I'm still gonna try and make it. Heads up, that is typically the April weekend that 13,500 bicyclist ride from Houston to Austin to raise money to find a cure for MS. Most of those folks, the ones still pedalling, will be headed for the downtown Capital area finish line Sunday using FM 969. Good idea to avoid those areas Sunday. Weather has been nice on that weekend as long as I can remember, except being windy this year, but that seems the norm this year.

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Would love to make it- eeeh Monkey going, I don't know if I want to be in the same state with him. JUST KIDDING----Ryan---GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you in Springfield?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Like I told the kid, "Your music not to loud, it just sucks!"

9. Great news. I hope I can make it, I'm telling all my friends who are dating if they plan to get married on these dates, I won't be attending. (I missed this year due to a wedding)

10. Tiger II

Tiger II

Stayed up WAYYYY past bedtime scoping out all the pix.
    Guess I better go next year...
    Thanks for all you folks do down there to put on THE best show-anywhere.
    Paul

11. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I will be back for that!! Car won't be ready but I will!!

Dave

12. billylo

billylo

Maybe this year I can finish my 32 in time. [​IMG]

13. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

One question Steve.
    Are you going to Screen the pre-entries as in previous years?

14. Daddy Crab

Daddy Crab

:cool:i will be their modifed my rust ( en rust we trust ) just finsh crusin the coast the people love the car cops hated it!!!!!! guess thats a ratrod even got a scach off ticket for scraching the new blacktop daddy crab

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  15. Daddy Crab

Daddy Crab

did any 1 post the hotel listings yet are phone #

16. Hell or high water, I will be there -- this time with an actual car.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am going to ask anyone around me if they want to go. But I will only ask once, and then I am going to reserve my spot alone and say fuck 'em. It's the only thing that I want to do in 2009 and no one I mean NO ONE can hold me back. Of coarse I'll have to ask the wife's permission:D.

18. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

I myself LIVE in Austin, so me making it to the Roundup is no chore at all. I commend all of you that travel to make it!
    I know I live here, but this is really a great city.
    A heads up, BE SURE to watch for pedestrians, bicycles and motorcycles as this is a college town as well, so there are alot of younger kids using different modes of transportation.
    Also, make use of the Metro here. The busing/mass transit here really is very good and user friendly.
    If any of you would like ideas for places to stay/eat/drink, PLEASE feel free to PM me and I'll send you some links of 'have to' places.
    (A tour of the Capitol is pretty damn neat too, but I'm a bit biased..lol)

As for what to drink while here, you HAVE to try:
    Live Oak: Specifically the Live Oak 'Big Bark'. It's "Vienna-style lager has a reddish-amber color with a smooth, malty flavor and low hop bitterness" to quote the web page, "All Bark, No Bite". Also, it is ONLY available in Texas and is brewed right here in Austin, so finding it at 'Grapevine' is not difficult or at any pub/restaurant here in Austin.
    http://www.liveoakbrewing.com/

Bootlegger Brown Ale: Made by the Independence Brewing Co. right here in Austin also means you can ONLY get it in Texas as well.
    http://www.independencebrewing.com/index.html

Independence, just like Live Oak, make other beers, Whits, Pilz, etc.
    I just pointed out my two favorites. Both of which are extremely smooth and go with any meal from nachos to catfish.

Remember, if you have any questions, just PM me. Laura and I can probably answer any question thrown at us and probably include a link or two as well.

[​IMG]

Jef+Laura:)

19. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

20. magnet

magnet

Its looking like Captain Fancy pants will be making an appearance, dont know if i am driving my '62 or flying.. but i have skipped way too many.

It will be nice to see you fellas again... and drink all your beer.

21. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

now that is multitasking!i'm impressed.

-danny

22. Brewton

Brewton

Great - this gives me more time to get my jalopy done!

23. sololobo

sololobo

Wonderful news El Jefe, a couple of extra weeks to thrash on improvements for the Savy Savoy!! The Tres Amigos from the Roadburners, Deuce, Fireball, and Sololobo will be trippin down for the worlds finest motoring and music event. Sounds like great planning with the later date. Appreciate the early info!!~Sololobo

24. Thanks Steve. Got a furball in my gut antipcipating that weekend. I've been to 18 shows so far this year. Only one of them was almost as good as the Roundup.

Will be there doing bad things to badder cars. I'll be limpin' with a flamed pinstriped cane in one hand and a crooked brush in da other under da ez-upper.

Mikey Did it
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    "I Do Bad Things to H.A.M.B. Cars"

25. voodoochili

voodoochili

Hotel... check, Roll'in sled... check, Permission slip from my better half...?:rolleyes:

26. crossroads

crossroads

Best of luck on another successful year Steve !

27. Terry

Terry

I was wondering the same thing. This year Miss Tina and I are thinking of towing the teardrop down and just parking the whole weekend at ther fairgrounds.

28. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Thanks for the info Fish Tank. Looking forward to trying a few Big Barks & Bootlegger Browns. PM sent

29. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Calaveras is planning to come out this year! Don't know how many of us yet..But were coming....
    Trying to get my Roadster done in time , if not it's the old Trocka....

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hey Steve, Thanks for checking in on our VLV show as to not conflict with yours.

Good luck, Axle