Register now to get rid of these ads!

lokar shifter ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40hemicpe, Aug 18, 2010.

1. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

i just got a used lokar shifter i usually use gennie shifters but this one came with my trans.my ? is. cant down shift to 2 or 1st so where can i get a longer shift rod the one on there is pretty short. and the previous owner originally had the shifter mounted far forward.i know gennie shifters come with 3 shift rods to play with.anybody have this issue before do lokars come with different rods also to get it right???

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

you can get everything you need from Lokar direct. shift rod in all the lokars I've messed with is just trim to fit threaded rod as you can adjust the positioning of the shifter in various locations for shifter placement on the floor.

3. u can buy threded rod and any osh home depot ace prettymuch anywhere u can buy nuts and bolts u can get that rod

4. 1/4" by 28 threaded rod, any hardware store. Word of caution FWIW, adjustment is VERY critical on setting the correct length, the arm on the bottom of the shifter pivot shaft is on a splined shaft and that angle is important also.