Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lokar Nostalgia Shifter - Neutral Switch question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Mar 21, 2014.

1. I have this shifter in my truck. Went to start it and nothing happens...but you can bypass the ignition switch and it turns over & starts.

Using my meter, I checked the neutral switch on the shifter and I get no reading between the two posts. No matter what position the shifter is in, there's no continuity at all.

I was expecting to have continuity with the shifter in park. I don't think I'd need to have the ignition on or the key in the start position to check the switch. Am I wrong?

Never had a problem with starting the truck...it was fine one day and nothing the next.

2. aaggie

aaggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Disconnect the wires from the switch before checking for continuity. If it reads open then either the switch is defective or not adjusted correctly. It's been awhile since I installed one but I seem to remember a small plug that was used to adjust the switch position.

3. 4tford

4tford

Go to the Lokar site they have the instructions on how to adjust the shifter for the neutral safety switch.

4. The shifter needed to be adjusted.

The bolts on the passenger side had come just a bit loose and allowed the bracket to move just enough to screw things up.

All fixed now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. brandon

brandon

put the solid setup switch in and adjust