Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOJACK special ,, Seen On Hemmings blog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Novadude55, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Maybe I'm confused, but it seems to me that we have the technology at the ready but aren't being offered the application that we want.

I've seen demonstrations of current GPS tracking capability and it's incredible. I really don't understand why Lojack continues to limit their application to law enforcement only and limited coverage at this point, and would be interested in an explanation of this.

Basically, I think that what I would want is a system that would work like this: I put my car in the garage/shop, lock up and set my system to a "monitor" mode. If the car was to move the system would immediately send a text message to my G3 device where I could immediately track it's current position.

The way I understand it, most all law enforcement have laptops in the vehicles and are connected these days. So, a call to most any 911 should have them on the trail.

Also, the best thing is if I was out of town, say my car is in rural Kansas and I'm in New York on business, I could post the HAMB and say " my car is moving guys, my tracking # is 123xxx, will you local guys please help?" Then, anyone with any Internet connection could track it, move in and find it, the theif......well....disappears unexpectedly:eek:....never to steal again:D, and the car is recovered.

Seems like we have the technology but are not being given the product. Am I missing something?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

With all the bull shit going on LoJack or a GPS system is the way to go just to be on the safer side

3. uncle buck

uncle buck

How effective are the Lojack and GPS systems in builldings or parking garages? With my Garmin GPS device you get a "lost sattelite reception" in a tunnel or building like a garage / parking garage. Also things like a cell phone and satellite tv are sensitive to satellite reception.

4. Yeah, but you still have monthly service fee...thats you real cost.

5. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hey LojackIan,, Yo! got some questions for ya..

6. 2x4

2x4

NovaDude55, Thanks for the heads up.

$295 seems very reasonable, but I've got questions too. There's only PR on the web about this new system. So is there a regerative system to charge the battery or just a limted life to the new LoJack. We put 2 of the older systems into our vehicles and sleep better now, but with a battery based system, how can I be sure there's still juice in it and it's working? So many questions...