Register now to get rid of these ads!

Login before posting.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Brootal, Mar 11, 2003.

1. I was going to call this "Login before posting requirement" but it was too long a subject heading. Is that going to be changed Ryan?

One feature I really liked about the old HAMB was that you didn't have to login prior to replying. I always scroll down the list of posts and read the ones I'm interested in. If I want to reply to one, I go to click on the Reply button, but it won't let me. Damn! I forgot to login again.

I know I can set the auto login thing, but I'm not real keen on that, especially at work.

So, is it possible to set it up so that you can click on the reply button and if you're not logged in it asks for your username and password, then takes you to the reply page?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope, that's one thing you are stuck with. While it might be a pain in the ass for you, it makes life even tougher for spammers. It's part of an email block script that's been setup by UBB and from what I've been told it gets rid of all but the peskiest of email worms...

3. Fairy Nuff. I guess I'll just have to setup the auto login, so if all of a sudden someone starts making dumb ass comments, you'll know it's someone using my computer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. My question was do I need to log out when I leave, but I think this answers it......"NO"
    And what happens if I log in from a different computer?
    TZ

5. red58

red58

loggin in and out has to do w/ cookies - the HAMB plants one on U when U log in, deletes it when U log out - kinda like the carhop tray on the windo - . if ya got one yer recognized, if not it doesn't know you're logged in, so ya can ask for 1 again. havin 1 on every rig ya use is OK
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif