Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Logghe Special tail light help please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by devingasser, Dec 19, 2017.

1. devingasser

devingasser
    from Adams, MN

I am currently restoring this car and I cannot seem to identify the tail lights used. Here are some photos of the original tail lights on the car and a piece of the original lense. Any help would be greatly appreciated [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hollywood-East and rudestude like this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

pontiac-tempest-lemans-sedan-1962-5.jpg

check this out.........'61/'62 Pontiac Tempest......looks very similar

Ray

3. devingasser

devingasser
    from Adams, MN

Thank you Ray but not the same. Of course I have the piece with no part #

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. BJR

BJR

They look like 1959 Pontiac Catalina lens that someone drilled mounting holes in. A8100-tp__76504.1421059296.386.513.jpg

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

BJR, I am glad you posted those. That was my first thought and I went to google for '59 Pontiac images for confirmation and only saw the really wide lenses....which were Bonneville...but didn't see the narrow ones pictured. Thinking my memory was even worse than I knew :confused:, but still thinking Pontiac, I found the Tempest I posted above.

Glad my initial thought was vindicated here....may not be what the OP is looking for, but is close(r). ;)

Ray

6. devingasser

devingasser
    from Adams, MN

I am very thankful of the effort put in here guys. Unfortunately the Pontiac tail lights are a lot different than the ones used on the car. The Pontiacs have what I would call a crown on them. The lenses used had a stainless ring in the recess on the edge of the lense.

7. Same logghe as the funny car guys?

There sons still run the stamping company division- call them and ask.

I'll tell you I looked all over the place for a simple oval taillight like that one. Never found one but I'll be watching here
    Good luck

dana barlow likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

there are also some late 50s wagons with lights of similar shape, but the details are wrong. 59 plymouth, 58 ford, 59 pontiac for example.

9. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Hell, they may have made the damn things like everything else they did!

10. Have you tried the Euro makes. I just did a quick search under 1950s OPEL which was also sold in the U.S.A. but did,nt find anything matching. Then there is still Austin, FIAT, ALFA, Peugeot. Remember the old Peugeot that detective Columbo drove around in :eek:, have to think out of the box this time.

11. Check a 1962 MGA MK II.

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

13. squirrel

squirrel

The imports usually didn't have a single large lens, they had a few bulbs in there, and a divided lens. They generally had the turn signal separate from the brake light, is why. The later Volvo 544 is an example of a lens that is about the right size/shape, but it covers two bulbs and has a reflector built in.

14. There were/are some semi truck and trailer tail lights that used that shape (sometimes called a "lozenge" shape). They were pretty basic, flat surface mounts. Your photo is blurry so it's hard to tell if those were transplanted from a car or if they were aftermarket items.

When you say "no part number", do you have any other parts of the tails besides the lens piece to check? Is it likely you can replace the whole tails with the next closest thing?

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2017-12-21_6-6-5.png

Do you need 1 or 2 lenses? I was just wondering if you had a good lens to look at, is this dimple mirrored on the other side?

16. When was the car built? That may help narrow the search....

squirrel likes this.
  17. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

glass or plastic? what year was the car built?

18. Modified Chevy fleet side truck ? Wild guess but I modify some GM's to fit my 56 Stude......

19. rudestude

rudestude

1959 Plymouth Suburban Wagon.... I know the chrome that surrounds the lens fits right over the top of a signal stat oval sealed beam tail light and they are like 6 1/2" wide the lens is flat but I seem to recall a convexed one also do a search there on there....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]the last one is the signal stat .....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hnstray likes this.
  20. devingasser

devingasser
    from Adams, MN

Sorry guys for the Slow reply. I have been making some good progress on the car. The tail lights are plastic and the car was built 1959. I need two lenses and all I have Is the broken piece I photographed. I am looking at euro stuff.

21. 26Troadster

26Troadster

you never said how wide or long.

Attached Files: