Register now to get rid of these ads!

Loctite 242 V's ARP Ultra-Torque Assembly Lube

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1Nimrod, Dec 31, 2019.

1. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

So I need some information and advise. I bought a kit a GM TCI flywheel with ARP Bolts from Jag's. It has a small tube of ARP's Ultra-Torque Assembly Lube and a note in with the ARP Bolts that says to use Loctite 242 on the threads and use the ARP Ultra-Torque Assembly Lube on the underside of the ARP bolt head's then install said parts onto the crank tighten the bolts by hand then use Torque wrench and torque bolts to specified ft. lbs.
    I've never used ARP Bolts before so I asked Jag's Tech Line about the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE Assembly Lube and if I needed to use Loctite 242 like the ARP Bolts "Note" says too. The Jag's Tech Line person told me "NO" That the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE Assembly Lube was the same stuff as the Loctite 242 and there for use only the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE Assembly Lube on the ARP Bolt thread's and the underside of the bolt heads then assemble the parts with the ARP Bolts and torque them down to the proper ft.lbs. So to me that did not seem okay but then again I've never used ARP Bolts before or there ARP Ultra-Torque Assembly Lube... So I figured I'd ask y'all and see what is correct.
    Thank Y'all for your help.
    And y'all have a safe Happy New Year...

From 1Nimrod

2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'd use it it's not thread locker but a lube.

I think Jegs tech line doesn't know what they are doing.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    1Nimrod likes this.
  3. Follow the instructions in ARP's literature. Jeg's doesn't make ARP bolts, ARP makes ARP bolts.

1Nimrod and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  4. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, follow the instructions. The assembly lube under the bolt head is to get a more consistent torque value when you tighten the bolts. The thread locker on the threads will keep the bolts tight. They are very different products.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    RidgeRunner and 1Nimrod like this.

5. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Okay thank you all for your help it's very much appreciated.

1Nimrod