Register now to get rid of these ads!

lock is stuck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50stude p/u, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Hello all
    I am trying to get my truck ready for a road trip, and i realized that i will need to make the locks work since it will be out in the open at night. So anyway, the door will lock, but the key will not go in to the key hole. I tried some cure all (WD-40) but to no avail.
    Any suggestions?

2. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had the same problem with mine. I ended up taking out the tumblers in the lock.Now the key works,but I think a screwdriver would also.I didnt tell anyone.Kinda sucks cause you only have passenger side lock on them!

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

WD-40 is not a good one here, ask any locksmith...
    If the key goes in a bit but the tumblers will not slide, try removing it and soaking it in laquer thinner, which will evaporate without leaving a film. If that frees the pins, lubricate with dry graphite.
    If you can't get it working is it a single passenger side lock? Can you install a common lock instead?

The only one a quick search turned up are these car ones.
    https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/agora.cgi?product=door7&cart_id=503.29329

4. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Sorry piker, I think I will take rodstrace's advice on this one :)
    That is what is happening. And ya it only has a passenger side lock