Register now to get rid of these ads!

Local or Special Promotion Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbenvie, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tbenvie

tbenvie

A little newer than what is usually here-I once owned a 1998 Collector's Edition Lincoln Mark VIII. Only the last 1400 marks were made these special cars, either maroon or silver with a special interior, etc. I met someone in a parking lot with one and he had no idea it was anything other than a 98 Lincoln. So I wonder how many people have owned a fairly rare car and have not even known it? I was going through some 1970 trade magazines (still researching Super Stock AMXs) and found a number of local zone special edition cars, some designer cars, etc. I wonder if any are still around? So here are a number of pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tbenvie

tbenvie

3. tbenvie

tbenvie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some from AMC. I know about these cars. The AMX 3 was supposed to be mass produced but the plug was pulled after 5 were made, and a sixth (and maybe 7th) were almost finished and were completed in Italy after the plug was pulled. All accounted for, and two are somewhat rough shape.

[​IMG]

This Jeep was destroyed when the carrier rolled over and burned. Too bad it wasn't next to another vehicle because it was actually about 3/4 size of a CJ.

[​IMG]

Here are some other random pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this still out there? Has #1 or #2 ever been found?

[​IMG]