Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Local Legend "7UPHI" '57 Chevy Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59IMPALER, Feb 14, 2016.

1. This '57 gasser has been on the Des Moines scene since '68 or '69 when it was built. The original builder is still around, but now his Son is the car's caretaker. There were times when Mom said "get that car back on the ground where it belongs". Dad steadfastly stayed his ground and said " Gassers are gonna make a comeback, mark my words". And then they did. It's obviously a show car interpretation of what a race car is, but that doesn't stop it from being cool as sh**. Tons of chromed and polished pieces, a tilt front end, and a period correct interior to die for. That console and shifter were one or two years old when it was built. Nice work outta you, Bud. GoodGuys 2014, Fairgrounds cruise night, Nan, Dawn\'s bass 068.JPG GoodGuys 2014, Fairgrounds cruise night, Nan, Dawn\'s bass 065.JPG GoodGuys 2014, Fairgrounds cruise night, Nan, Dawn\'s bass 063.JPG

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  2. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

3. I like it , except the wheels would have to go.

4. slowmotion

slowmotion

That's a nice 57. Representative of an era just a 'little' post Hamb. I like it just the same, and vividly remember when cars in this style were the norm prowling the streets.

5. High5

High5

Very cool car. Brings back a lot of memories. I have a similar design interior to that one in my '55 Chevy hardtop.

I see they still have the 8 track player installed. Lost the 8 track in mine a while back but still have the reverb system.

Thanks for sharing

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very cool... needs some 5-spokes or slots, then it would be perfect.

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn. That's sweet.

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Is that a chrome tie rod showing in the front view? Looks to have a straight tube axle and I can't figure why the tie rod is so low? Just curious..

9. Who the hell would want a solid color 1957 Chevy 210 2 door sedan with two fours, a straight axle and roll bar? Sheesh!
    Just kidding, of course. Is that a tunnel ram or a blower? SBC? Details!!

10. It HAD slots when it was first built. Evidently, the owner felt it needed "Updating". It's a SBC with a polished blower.

11. With all the Gasser Love on the HAMB, it's easy to forget that this style went far past the pre-65 cut off. If you took out the '68 console and wheels, nothing on this car would be post '64.

slowmotion likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I hope he drives the wheels off it