Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lo-Buck Aluminum Wheel:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Drive Em

Drive Em

Here is a pic of a mid 70's Chrysler 15" x 6" aluminum wheel that I reversed ,literally. The side you are looking at used to be the back side of the wheel. I liked the look of the ribs on the back side of the wheel, they reminded me of some vintage Halibrands I saw a long time ago. They are going on the back of my '27 Track T. I welded up the holes that attach the original hub cap to the wheel, and faced it off in my lathe. I blasted the center, and satin finished the rim portion, although I am going to either paint or tint the wheels to have the gold color of old magnesium wheels.
    P8090427.JPG

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Props for innovation. Looks pretty good. What roddin's all about.

3. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Good work, looks cool!

4. r8odecay

r8odecay

5. 2"

2"

I really like the look of that wheel I have to say. Nice discovery and no doubt going to look awesome on your T.

6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Wow, somebody showed me the exact same thing the other day. Thought he said they were lincoln rims. Are those 5x5.5 pattern?

7. thrasher

thrasher

what does the other side of the rim look like?

8. DrJ

DrJ

Ya got a "front" pic of an unmodified original so we know what it is when we see one?

9. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

The front is a plain disc, almost like what you'd expect to see on a wheel designed to use a wire hubcap. There's a ring of kidney bean holes just outside the lugs that are used to hold on some form of center cap, that's what Drive em referred to welding up

10. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have seen the Lincoln wheels, but they are a 5x5" bolt pattern, and the Maverick 8" rear end I am using is a 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern, so the Chrysler wheels were perfect. Re-drilling the wheels to a different pattern would be pretty easy. I have not seen the back side of the Lincoln wheels, so I don't know if they have the ribs. I have seen aluminum Lincoln Versailles( similar to a Granada or monarch) wheels that do have the 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern. Oh yeah, the Chrysler wheels I used have a 2" backspace when they are flipped around, so you have to select a rear end accordingly.