Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I've been helping Tim Jones (dragsled) work on his Comp coupe dragster , While waiting for parts to do his I said I wanted to build something of my own, Tim said he had some parts for a Model T in one of the barns , and it would be perfect to start with, It doens't have a body so we're going to build a speedster body for it ,I'm going to use the stock motor and trans,, I'll post some pics later today, Thanks for looking Beth

biggeorge likes this.
  2. Great to hear about your plans and welcome to the HAMB! There are more than a few speedster folk on here and are always happy to help.

There are some really good threads on speedsters as well,, with lots of good ideas for bodies, and another great site to look through is nwvs.org.

3. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

thank you very much Tim said that there is a lot of info on the HAMB. Hope to learn a lot...

4. Ah come on Beth tell Tim to unload some of those Flat Head V8 parts he's hoarding and build a V8 for it!!!!! :D:D

5. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Hi Carl I will ask for a bigger power plant Faster is always better. If I run faster that he does he might have a hissy fit. We did some fine tuning on the spindles, emery cloth to be exact. We found some pics I thought you guys would like. Let me know what you think . Beth

Hudson31 likes this.
  6. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Woops forgot the pics,:rolleyes: one is how it looked when he first showed it to me, My first thought was I'm gonna do What with this!!:eek:, and installing the firewall,, Also my impression of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillys:D:D:D

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. rdomeck

rdomeck

Beth, looking forward to seeing some pictures. I started on mine a little while ago... Over 20 years give or take a few years. I have started back working on it again and hope to hear it run for more than 10 seconds in the next few weeks. Then I'm going to start in on the body.

The best advice I can give is make a list of things that need done and things you need to buy. Even the small things as it always feels good to cross things off the list. Oh and although I haven't followed this advice, try to work on it for at least 5 minutes a day. Keeps you motivated!

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You're gonna need a bigger hammer.

9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks rdomeck for the advice . right now it is all so new to me Tim is always right there to help and guide me so it will be easier. Also Bob (27TOwner) was my boss for years He has given Tim and myself lots of advice . Its always good to have buddys to help me. Beth

Hudson31 likes this.
  10. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Bigger is always better:eek::D Beth

11. [​IMG]

Now that is really cool Beth.......... and yep a full load flattie belongs in there!!!!

12. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Look forward to seeing your progress.....

13. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

14. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I think you are right . Tim said that as soon as we get the blower motor for the dragster that one is mine. The question of the day is will the frame in the T support the bigger motor? Beth

15. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for looking, I looked at the pics of your RPU ,going to be cool when it's done, Beth

16. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for checking my thread out Rob , I hope it turns out as good as were hopeing it will,,, Beth

17. Carolina Man

Carolina Man

This is great. I told my wife what you are doing,we need more women in the hobby.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like fun.

19. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks , I think we need more men who will just turn us loose on a project like this,, Beth

20. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Yes it is I'm having a blast doing this, Beth

21. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I was able to get the spindles cleaned up and got a set of wheels on it today IT MOVES!!!!:D:D:D,,, Beth

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for the info,, found lots of information in the Tech section, Lots of new ideas,, Beth

24. Beth,

There was an speedster on eBay some years ago that had a really nice wooden body on it- if I were going to build a T speedster, it would be based on that car.

If I can find the pics, I'll post them for you.

25. Chuck R

Chuck R

26. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Nice start!

You might want to check out the Ford Barn under the T section.

27. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks that would be great!! Beth

28. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks My friend Bob (27Towner) was telling Tim and I to check that out also,,, Beth

29. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We were wondering how to lower the steering column , found out how it's done in the tech section,, Beth

30. I love speedster. Looks like a good start so far