Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Live from Austin, Lonestar Roundup 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom was well known on the Midwest circuit back in the day and his work with Ray Farhner is part of KC legend.
    Cool time capsule in the new TRJ.
    Speaking of cool shots, love the Boss at work!

3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Were you on the Midwest circuit back then?

4. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was a witless tyke oblivious to all things real, including any and all car show circuits. I have offered a guess based on tiny bits from talking to Ray Erickson about those days . . . so I take it you were not that well known? Maybe only the KC crowd knew you . . . hell, I'll just stick to what I know . . . you sure do take beautiful photos, I do know that.

6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I painted shirts at 20 or more car shows a year from '61 to about '93, travelling mostly in the Midwest, and occasionally to both coasts, so I knew people all over. After '93, I had a series of airbrush shopping mall stores. I got my start "interning" for Ed Roth at the 1960 Starbird Kansas City show. When I met my photographer wife, Carol, four years ago, her knowledge really helped me learn the technical aspects of photography to abet my eye's ability to "see" a car in just the right way.

7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It is apparent that the the partnership has been a huge success. It has yielded some great photos of the cars at these shows that you are so kind to share with us. Thank you for that, I feel that thru your photos I can enjoy the fabulous cars that were there, probably even moreso thatn if I had actually been in attendance at the show.

i.rant and pitman like this.
  8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Windshield raindrop reflections of Lee's '40 through the Windshield of the '64. DSC_1131.jpg DSC_1148.jpg DSC_1441.jpg DSC_1446.jpg DSC_1472.jpg
    DSC_1088.jpg

10. That raindrop reflection piece is pure art.............great job!

i.rant likes this.
  11. ARNIE

ARNIE

Tom, fantastic work!! Any side shot of the fast back Riv?? Thanx!! ARNIE