Register now to get rid of these ads!

LIVE FAST San Diego

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

Just a quick update from SoCal. Friday off to a good start. Tomorrow will rock. Circle City, Flyrite, Von Franco all in a row. Fun. Lets leave it at that for now. If you aren't here you should be.

Pics tomorrow. (if I am still standing on my own)

2. Jasonic

Jasonic

Here is a teaser from the show. more to come when I get back to Texas.

Way too many good stories from this weekend. If you didn't make it out to the show - be there next year. Really good turnout for the first time in San Diego. If you made it out, thanks for all the support.

We are still finishing the Lone Star off.

See everyone at Round Up. We are gonna get into so much trouble back in Austin.

3. hiway7

hiway7
    from Socal

I took my 5 year old son there and we really dug it. Great show! Everyone we talked to were really cool to me and my kid. I will definitely go next year!

4. I drove down with a bunch of bikers after reading the website about the details. I get there about ten and it's dead! The web never mentioned it didn't start until noon! Then after killing time, paid $15 (again never mentioned on the web) to see what? There were like 25 cars there, a hotel conference room of tattos artist and that's about it. Hardly any car vendors, hardly any cars. I left by 1. The coolest cycle there was in the parking lot, owned by one of the guys I came with. There's more to see Saturday mornings on Adams and Magnolia in Huntington Beach.

5. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Everyone at Flyrite had a great time. It was nice hanging out with Circle City, Mad Fabs and Von Franco. I'm certainly glad we didnt have to be up and working at 10AM....since we were up way past 2AM every night.

These shows are all what people make up of them. Blame the lame folks that dont come out.

-Jason
    WWW.FLYRITECHOPPERS.COM

6. FONZI

FONZI

It was a small show but we still had fun. The priCe was a little steep and I thought it kinda sucked that the next morning I would have to cough up another 15 bucks to go back up to the tattoo show to buy something from BARNETT before I headed home.

But this was the first year so I am sure it will get better. The staff was really cool, the bands were great, and everyone had a good attitude. I would go again. Hopefully, i can round up more friends to come and help tp make the car show bigger.

Did you Flyrite guys sell that rolling chassis?

FONZI

7. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Fonzi,

We still have it.

-Jason
    WWW.FLYRITECHOPPERS.COM

8. FONZI

FONZI

Damn,
    I was REALLY close to buying that damn thing, Just couldn't get cash on a weekend and you couldn't take a credit card out there.....I will get me a flyrite when the chevy is done.

FONZI

9. "Flyrite had a great time. It was nice hanging out with Circle City, Mad Fabs and Von Franco"

Yeah, it was good to see all of you there. Glad you guys showed up. Circle City with Blue Bear cracked me up though.

10. =mike=

=mike=

Please tell me you didnt buy that orange flake / pinstriped panel . . . I got to hook up with Dan also and dropped off my belt drive for him to letter up for me . He was pretty busy and it was the last 20 minutes of sunday so he didn't get to it , but he is going to send ot to me when he is done .

Fonzi , shit man I didn't know you were coming down . We still have that date with some tequilla . . .

I had a good time too , it was small and If I would have ridden for a couple hours to get here I might have been bugged too , but shit I'm 10 minutes away :)

11. I shouldn't complain too much, there was a roundbody Ranchero there.

Mine goes to Danté at Black Widow Kustoms this week. I spent the rest of the weekend getting it stripped. I'm bleeding from every knuckle... and I cracked the windshield, ugh!

12. FONZI

FONZI

Hey Mike,
    I was lookin for ya! I didn't end up buying anything cuz I didn't want to cough up another 15 bucks to get in for 2 minutes...... That orange panel was really shrp, but i was lookin a thte bongos that said bad mojo. My mutt's name is Mojo. I will have to catch up with ya next time I come down Mike!

FONZI

13. =mike=

=mike=

Cool man , keep me in the loop :) I was going to buy that orange one , but when I came back on sunday it ws gone , so I got the red one . . .

14. =Mike=...it was cool to meet you...thanks for taking the time to drop by the booth. Sorry I was't able to chat as much as I mighta liked. It's tough working the booth without my wife, Babs. I'll get that belt painted up in the next week or so and mail it out! Thanks for parting with some cash for the red panel, too.

Fonzi, thank you too, for dropping by the booth. Again...sorry for my dis-jointed attention. Waaaay too much to juggle without help from Babs. Saturday was a really weird day for me...I think I stayed up too late painting friday night (3:30....4:30 before I got bacck to my room :eek: ). I've still got the bongos...if you don't want 'em, I think I'm gonna keep them for my tiki room. :D

I think it was a pretty good show, all in all. If ya'll think it was steep admission, you haven't been to many tattoo shows...Marcy and Orlando have one (actually 3) of the most inexpensive, high quality shows going! I can't believe how many "rock star" tattoo artists they get to attend. Once again...too busy painting to get any any fresh ink. :mad: Oh well...maybe this weekend, in Detroit, I can get worked on.

There were plenty of really cool rides when I checked out the parking lot! I didn't get to see them all, but I remember a smooooooth Galaxie 500, a 60's Falcon Ranchero, a beeeeyoutiful baby blue Buick and a swanky white Merc...and Marcy's new uber-slammed pick up!!!! I know there were more cool rides there, but I only had a few minutes at a time to peep at them while I was tracking down people/supplies.

I got to meet Jimmy White...really nice, down to earth guy! That rpu is so sick!! Got hang out with Mr.VonFranco and his super nice wife, Katie...always a pleasure to hear the stories and insights from VonFranco. Evel was pimping the coolest dvdds and cd's and shirts on the planet! HAHAHA! See ya in Detroit! Weesner was there and it good to actually get to talk to him for a second, at least. The FLYRITE GANG raised the bar for booth displays...AGAIN! :D That was some cool sh*t! It was like some sorta ato museum display or somethin! Anyone get a pic? I goota get some of those dash knobs and door lock butons...in brown, please. Even had world famous Skratch drop by the booth! HAHAHA! Good to see ya, Skratch. I'm probably forgetting someone, but, thanks to everyone that took the time to drop by.

A bunch of us went to Bali Hai (tiki restaurant and bar) on Sunday night...whata cool place... a true landmark!

Anyways...me and the rest of the DEADBEATS (Jime and Jeff), that attended, had a blast.

Lets see some pics!

15. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Man, what a great weekend, A big thanks goes to Marcy and the rest of the live fast crew for inviting us down there. I was so stoked to be included in this. I was really stoked to hang out with the Flyrite guys, Evel, Franco,Jasonic and all my friends. Barnett it was cool to finally meet you as well, and thanks for the compliments. I cant wait to hang the sign I bought off of you in the shop. I thought the show was pretty cool, I think next year the car portion will grow, as more people hear about it. Thanks again to everyone.
    Jimmy White
    circle city hot rods

16. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I also forgot to give a shout out to HONKY! They F*&^ing rule. I love seeing that band I cant wait for the Flyrite open house to see them again. I was kind of bummed there wasnt more people there listening to them.
    Jimmy White
    circle city hot rods

17. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I'm counting down the 4 weeks till the Roundup.......

Here's some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Jason
    WWW.FLYRITECHOPPERS.COM

18. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Hey, who is the Bald, Fat kid holding the Coors light, wait that is me! Jason Glad you made it home safe. I cant wait to get to Texas, I am going to sleep on the floor in your shop, You and your crew of guys rule!
    Take care dude.
    Jimmy White
    circle city hot rods.com

19. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

HA HA, dude, lets have a sleep over at the shop!!!!

I got a blister on my finger from opening so many beer cans.... We had a blast with you guys!

-Jason
    WWW.FLYRITECHOPPERS.COM

20. Damn...I knew I'd forget somebody...JASONIC! thanks for hanging out at the booth!

very fitting pic of FlyRite Jason...wwith a beer in his hand...as he was ALL weekend! :D :D

I guess I'll see you freaks at the RoundUp. I'll be there for Saturday's fesivities...screwin up some Trophy Queen purses and wallets. ;)

21. oso64

oso64

i had a great time, right after they opened the bar.meet weesner, fonzi, one of the brothers that run deadend mag, and ran into my buddy marty that works for avalon(i haven't seen him since we used to work at truckin stuff together 5 or 6 years ago!).man, budwieser gives me a headache!!! jimmy

22. Mike

Mike

My buddy Jim and I managed to get there Sat evening after a day at the swap. We got to say hello to Gene Winfield. We had a good talk with some of the Flyrite boys. We got to meet and had a nice long conversation with Evil and Jimmy White. We did a lap around the tattoo area, saw Barnett there, but he was was super busy so we didn't get a chance to say howdy. We were there only there for about 1 1/2 hours and we missed the car show, but we had a great time any way.

23. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

Live Fast was a blast. Hell, I'd like to thank all the locals for coming out. The Flyrite booth was bombed with people.

Marcy kicks ass.

HONKY rules the world. Catch 'em again at our open house.
    If Jimmy's doing it, it's GOT to be cool.

If you plan on leaving the Round Up on Sunday, you should seriously re-think and shoot for Monday!

24. Jasonic

Jasonic

Just got home late last night after a 40 hour drive from San Diego - Marcy sure knows where every piece of old tin from Cali to Texas is.

Ultra big thanks to everyone who came out to the show. If the first year was that good I can't wait until #2.

Great hanging out with Jason and all my Flyrite Bros and Sis, Von Franco, Evil, Barnett, Jimmy and the Circle City crew, YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy times.

I'll try to finally get some pics up here now.

25. Jasonic

Jasonic

more....

I have some others, but have to be really careful about who sees what. Certain people know what I mean.

26. jstorm

jstorm

man, you guys have all the fun west of the missippi river. We need something like that in the south east.

27. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

28. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Franco's hair is better than Cole's.