Register now to get rid of these ads!

Little Rock, CA (by LA) car haul to Northern IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, May 29, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Fellow Hambers, I'm in a bind. I hired 30 days ago a big name hauler (all auto transport) to transport a non running 55 pontiac for me. I have used them before 5 years ago with good luck. The car needed to be moved by May 31 because the guy is moving away. I was told the car would be picked up within 7 days. Now it's the end of the month and they tell me the 18 wheel carriers have stopped driving because of gas and there's a back log of 300 cars in SO CA that need moved to IL. NOW YOU TELL ME! Mine of course is at the "top" of the list. You can throw critisim at me for something or stupidity, but whatever:(. I contacted fellow Hamber Ben D, but he is unavaliable at this exact minute. Caution guys: If you plan on buying a car out of state and need it hauled right now. My options are have it towed to a storage facility for now I guess. Any other ideas? I tried yesterdays tractors website to look for a backhaul to help someone with gas but nothing. Any fellow Hamber live in Little Rock CA that may be able to help me get a storage garage should I need it? Thanks, Kurt

2. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

3. prime mover

prime mover

I could store it for a little while till you figure something out. have you checked any other hauling companies?

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I've been really happy with Miller Auto Transport at 800-775-1321. Ask for Bill Miller and tell him Ron sent ya. He's hauled about 20 cars for me in the last year and I've been happy every time and never waited more than a week. Sometimes he picks stuff up same day. Goes anywhere in the country too.

5. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I am working like mad getting quotes from people recommended from Hamb. One was Express Auto Transport, JTM Logistics, and I will try Miller. Thanks Prime Mover and Desertratrod for saying you can help me for very short term storage. I will probably get a hold of you within the next 3-4 days. As usual, this website is trully awesome. I still need it moved, and will be sending out quotes all night if I have to. The first company quoted $900 and apparently no big rigs are picking it up. I upped it to 1200 a week ago and told them move it-still nothing. Other companies quotes for 1200-1300 and yet the big name companies can't tell me when the car can be picked up. They just tell me "perhaps 7 days" which is what the first carrier told me. I don't think I will do this again.

6. transportfool

transportfool
    from wewoka,ok

Don't stay up all night getting quotes. The quotes are all coming from brokers that then post the move on a site called Central dispatch. The link you posted was to quote software by J-tracker which is owned by Central Dispatch. A lot of cars are shipped east from the west coast in full loads (like the new cars coming in to the ports) so many of the haulers grab those loads instead of piecing together loads one car at a time. The backlog they are referring to is the number of cars posted on Central. The car is posted at a specific price and the higher the price the more likely it becomes that a truck will take your car! You need to ask how much it is posted for. They may be taking an excessive broker fee and thereby killing your chances.